Arcadia 1/60 VF-4A ‘Flashback 2012’ Premium Finish & Regular Release

no3Ljm

4 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

"The VF-4 Ichijo Hikari specification, which was previously released by us"----did I miss a release? 

No. But I have a feeling that what they might probably meant is something like 'the VF-4 which we released before is finally available in Premium Format in Hikaru version. Or something-something in that line.

4 hours ago, DewPoint said:

If its only going to be a PF release, then wouldn't that make it the standard version?  :o

Nice semantics play, there... but jokes aside, you know exactly what I mean.  However, if Arcadia is going to make Perfect Finish their de facto standard, with the commensurate substantial hike in MSRP, then I'm out for good.

To me, a 'perfect finish' Valkyrie is in the eye of the beholder. Some members have the ability to roll their own perfect finish, and I'm envious of the time and skill that they are able to employ to get that done. Arcadia's premium finish is certainly not for the feint of heart (or light of wallet), and I realize these PF releases come at a high cost. Still, they offer something that I wouldn't otherwise have access to given my current life schedule.

The only bummer I have about this release is that it will be my third VF-4G purchase. I bought the Yamato version, sold it and bought the Arcadia 1st release. Now I will need to sell the 1st release Arcadia version and replace that with this one. That's a bit of a hassle, but worth going through to get the one that I wanted in the first place at this scale. It will compliment my DYRL collection nicely and then I will only have to wait on Arcadia to give us a new VT-1.

Yeah, I'm all for PF because I don't have the time to do it myself and I would suspect that even if I did, the time would be worth way more to me than the charge for them to do it. Either way, I don't care if PF or not but if they have the ability to give us better looking toys right out the box, I'd rather them just do that than make both and charge way more for the PF. I think a toy should be good to go out the box without modifications needed. If I wanted to do all that, I would buy a model. If some people want to further modify their already good toy, that is awesome and totally up to them.

Most of my VF-1 are normal releases they're more anime accurate and all.  I'm all for proper aircraft markings, but I would think Valkyries based on OverTechnology, that can do a tuck and roll without damage, really shouldn't have "NO STEP" all over them.  That being said, PF sure are pretty.  It was a tough decision to pass on them.  PF only releases resolve that dilemma for me.

I actually have that (for my VF-11) and I wouldn’t mind doing it if I could 1) color match the paint and 2) had a template for where they’re supposed to go. 

I have a request for you, Xig, but I’ll put it in your thread. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, valhary said:

whoa is it really going to be panel lined? Arcadia being the tease nowadays....I might wait till the reviews are out on the panel lined 0D and then on this before deciding. I wonder how well the panel lines will come out....

So far price being the main obstacle for me...

52 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Upcoming release next year of the VF-4A valkyrie by arcadia.

Updated pics show panel lining where there weren't any before. Arcadia will release more product specs nearer to the PO date.

No word on when the pre-order starts as yet.

Roger that!

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Upcoming release next year of the VF-4A valkyrie by arcadia.

Updated pics show panel lining where there weren't any before. Arcadia will release more product specs nearer to the PO date.

No word on when the pre-order starts as yet.

Any guess as to retail? $400ish?

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

I love the vf4 but am I the only one that thinks those pics don’t look so great?

I agree it looks pretty plain for a PF.

I have a non PF brand new in the box. I'm debating selling it and getting a PF. But not really hard.

49 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Any guess as to retail? $400ish?

Thanks!

I think there was a display somewhere mentioning 27k yen...

3 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I have a non PF brand new in the box. I'm debating selling it and getting a PF. But not really hard.

That non-PF version is the 4G version and was once the holy grail of 1/60 valks collecting, as no-one did a transformable VF-4 before and was sold out until it was re-issued.

In theory, this is even more..uh....holier for the 1/60 scale, as its based on the macross 2012 flashback OVA version!

Of course, it loses its holiness a bit if its widely available...:D :unknw:

3 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I think there was a display somewhere mentioning 27k yen...

That non-PF version is the 4G version and was once the holy grail of 1/60 valks collecting, as no-one did a transformable VF-4 before and was sold out until it was re-issued.

In theory, this is even more..uh....holier for the 1/60 scale, as its based on the macross 2012 flashback OVA version!

Of course, it loses its holiness a bit if its widely available...:D :unknw:

They're pretty available. eBay (which is usually expensive) has new ones starting about $400. I suppose if I could sell the current one I have I could cover the cost of a PO PF unit without much trouble. Arcadia PO's from what I have seen (which is very little) aren't much of a lottery. I'm not sure if I want to mess with it though. That seems like a lot of work!:D

Arcadia's pricing helps to avoid PO madness. :D 

In many circumstances, you can still get Arcadia releases after release day at MSRP.

But of course, no point waiting if you made up your mind, which will give confidence to Arcadia to release more macross toys.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I find it odd that it's pictured right next to the lineart image where every marking is recreated and not only is it panel lined but it has more panel lining than on the animation and you're still bitching about it.