Arcadia 1/60 VF-4A ‘Flashback 2012’ Premium Finish & Regular Release

no3Ljm

Received my VF-4A AJ order today delivered by DHL.  I was home to receive the package but by the time I got to the door the delivery person was already in the truck and sped off for their next delivery.  When I brought the package in I was surprised to see the perforated side of the package was already opened.  Good thing AJ plastic wraps and glues their items to the box inside.  I'm not sure what happened but nevertheless discouraging.

IMG_9745.jpg

IMG_9746.JPG

2 hours ago, neko878 said:

Received my VF-4A AJ order today delivered by DHL.  I was home to receive the package but by the time I got to the door the delivery person was already in the truck and sped off for their next delivery.  When I brought the package in I was surprised to see the perforated side of the package was already opened.  Good thing AJ plastic wraps and glues their items to the box inside.  I'm not sure what happened but nevertheless discouraging.

IMG_9745.jpg

IMG_9746.JPG

Amazon and their infamous self opening boxes .   

Got mine earlier today. I'm surprised at how many markings it got out of the box. They got all the major ones as far as I can tell and even has the pilot name on the canopy which I think is a first for a non-premium edition release for Arcadia. All that's really missing are the usual No Step, Danger, Beware of Blast, etc. and the nuclear reactor marking on the legs. In any case, a vast improvement over the VF-4G which had almost nothing tampo printed on, to my recollection.

Hope someone can post comprehensive pictures of the premium finish version so that I can use it as reference for where to put the markings since the instructions don't even come with any diagram for the markings.

Aside from that, the build seems pretty solid. The legs on mine are a bit loose. Arms are very stiff by contrast. Missiles still keep popping off during transformation so that hasn't really changed from the VF-4G either.

46 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Got mine earlier today. I'm surprised at how many markings it got out of the box. They got all the major ones as far as I can tell and even has the pilot name on the canopy which I think is a first for a non-premium edition release for Arcadia. All that's really missing are the usual No Step, Danger, Beware of Blast, etc. and the nuclear reactor marking on the legs. In any case, a vast improvement over the VF-4G which had almost nothing tampo printed on, to my recollection.

Hope someone can post comprehensive pictures of the premium finish version so that I can use it as reference for where to put the markings since the instructions don't even come with any diagram for the markings.

Aside from that, the build seems pretty solid. The legs on mine are a bit loose. Arms are very stiff by contrast. Missiles still keep popping off during transformation so that hasn't really changed from the VF-4G either.

I'm eager to see how your VF-4A turns out! For my part, I'm thinking of just leaving it as clean, pristine fighter because that's how I saw it in FB2012 and how it's always existed in my mind for the past 35 years.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

I'm eager to see how your VF-4A turns out! For my part, I'm thinking of just leaving it as clean, pristine fighter because that's how I saw it in FB2012 and how it's always existed in my mind for the past 35 years.

I finally transformed my Yamato VF-4G for the first time this weekend so I can display it in battroid while keeping the VF-4A as a clean, pristine fighter.

5 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

I finally transformed my Yamato VF-4G for the first time this weekend so I can display it in battroid while keeping the VF-4A as a clean, pristine fighter.

Well, I'm still going to panel wash and decal her up. But I will maintain the factory fresh look. Nothing like that new valkyrie smell! :)

Sad to say, my AmazonJP order didn't go thru. I've changed credit cards and it still won't go thru even though my order is still showing in my account. I've got a hold of their customer service thru its chat system. And apparently they told me that the reason probably of the error I'm getting is that due to lack of stocks. :(

I panicked and good thing HLJ still has some so I placed an order with them. I'm just waiting for it to show on my open orders before I cancel the one in my AmazonJP order. It's Y2000 more. Oh well. I just have to wait now for 60 days. :rolleyes:

Regarding Amazon JP, I've also changed credit cards few months ago. Then, I updated this new card into my account details, & payments went smoothly for all new orders I made after that update.

However, there was an older PO under my old card, and it appears the card details on that PO are not automatically updated, even if you updated card details at the account page. I only found this out after, when within couple of days after item release, I started seeing others' payments getting charged whilst no movement on mine. So I looked closer at the order detail again, saw it was still under the old defunct card, and manually selected the new card for it. And presto, the payment was charged an hour later.

1 hour ago, MKT said:

Regarding Amazon JP, I've also changed credit cards few months ago. Then, I updated this new card into my account details, & payments went smoothly for all new orders I made after that update.

However, there was an older PO under my old card, and it appears the card details on that PO are not automatically updated, even if you updated card details at the account page. I only found this out after, when within couple of days after item release, I started seeing others' payments getting charged whilst no movement on mine. So I looked closer at the order detail again, saw it was still under the old defunct card, and manually selected the new card for it. And presto, the payment was charged an hour later.

The card I had on file for AJ expired several months after the Roy DX PO window and I had to put a new one in the system. Same experience for me. The card info at the account level updated just fine, but my Roy DX PO still had the old card attached to it. So, I crossed my fingers, hit the "update payment method" button for the PO, and switched to the new card. It went smoothly, thank goodness, but I was worried that my PO would get canceled or screwed up in the process and their system would try to create a new order to replace it, which of course wouldn't go through because they were sold out. I've had that happen to me more than a few times at hotels when business travel was still a thing. Any kind of adjustment to the original reservation online would spawn a new reservation where, of course, I couldn't get the room or rate that I had before. So, I'd have to call the hotel directly to get it sorted out.

On 2/2/2021 at 6:13 PM, F360 said:

Amazon and their infamous self opening boxes .   

Considering the package came from overseas I'm just glad I received it (even though it magically was opened up):rofl:

On 1/26/2021 at 11:59 PM, nightmareB4macross said:

Did these 20 have a thinner handle like the VF-4A?

D2CC53B1-E4AD-4699-A6CD-B20AEC4AD225.jpeg

This is strange, I just checked two Yamato toys, a 1J max and the 1s LV... Both have skinny handles. Where did that fat handle come from?

12 hours ago, jenius said:

This is strange, I just checked two Yamato toys, a 1J max and the 1s LV... Both have skinny handles. Where did that fat handle come from?

I checked my VF-4A's gunpod versus my Arcadia VF-1S and the 1S definitely had a noticeably fatter handle. I figured that it was easier for them to shave off the handle to make it work with the existing slot in the VF-4 than it was to adjust the slot in the VF-4, but if the Yamato mold was the slimmer handle, then maybe that wasn't the case? I don't have any Yamato VF-1s to compare, unfortunately.

8 hours ago, Rhubarbarian said:

I checked my VF-4A's gunpod versus my Arcadia VF-1S and the 1S definitely had a noticeably fatter handle. I figured that it was easier for them to shave off the handle to make it work with the existing slot in the VF-4 than it was to adjust the slot in the VF-4, but if the Yamato mold was the slimmer handle, then maybe that wasn't the case? I don't have any Yamato VF-1s to compare, unfortunately.

Bizarre, I've checked the following releases, all have thin gun handles:
Yamato Super VF-1J Max
Yamato VF-1S LowVis
Arcadia 1st release GBP + Hikaru 1J
Arcadia 2nd release GBP + Hikaru 1J

Maybe Arcadia did it for DYRL releases to fit the fixed posed hands better?