Arcadia 1/60 VF-4A ‘Flashback 2012’ Premium Finish & Regular Release

no3Ljm

Missiles still in place.

fFr now the figure is very tight in most joints. I would highly recommend transforming this figure as the tighter joints could pose durability issues if left untouched. Reminds me of the VF-171, almost.

Please no explodium, please no explodium.

2CF7880C-B8A0-4846-8A32-CA8626DF6084.jpeg

26417034-AD32-4052-A6FA-344C3024B639.jpeg

65F4518A-627C-4AFC-8485-A984FFEFED35.jpeg

Edited by nightmareB4macross

I think I will snag one, so-----cheapest place to get one shipped to the US?  Looks like Hobby Search has a lower base price than HLJ, but I've never shipped anything large at all from there, and certainly not during "COVID restrictions".    Suggestions?     My HLJ warehouse pile is still "too expensive to ship regardless, until COVID is over", so I don't really intend to add to it.   I'd probably ship this alone from there, if it came to that.   

::edit::  Or, I may just bite the bullet and ship EVERYTHING, if I order from HLJ.   Anyone have recent experience with say, 2 large kits (like, very large MG's)----currently HLJ wants $109 DHL vs $112 Fedex to ship my current warehouse pile, due purely to bulk it seems.  Would adding a VF-4 bump it up to insane $200 shipping levels, or would it make little difference at this point?   (I do notice that either kit alone is $60 to ship, regardless of which one, and both together are $109---but I can add all the other little kits and goodies at that point, and it still stays at $109)   

7 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

I think I will snag one, so-----cheapest place to get one shipped to the US?  Looks like Hobby Search has a lower base price than HLJ, but I've never shipped anything large at all from there, and certainly not during "COVID restrictions".    Suggestions?     My HLJ warehouse pile is still "too expensive to ship regardless, until COVID is over", so I don't really intend to add to it.   I'd probably ship this alone from there, if it came to that.      

Haven’t really looked at cheapest options nowadays. I couldn’t help you there.

It has been more about assurance that when I buy I get what I ordered. Too tired of dealing with flaky sellers who still blame all their problems on COVID. Sure it will be more expensive to ship but that seems to be the norm nowadays. And as old as we are all getting time is not on our side.

I just want te joy these.

8D09FA94-A7AA-4201-8B54-A7902EEC5156.jpeg

42 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

::edit::  Or, I may just bite the bullet and ship EVERYTHING, if I order from HLJ.   Anyone have recent experience with say, 2 large kits (like, very large MG's)----currently HLJ wants $109 DHL vs $112 Fedex to ship my current warehouse pile, due purely to bulk it seems.  Would adding a VF-4 bump it up to insane $200 shipping levels, or would it make little difference at this point?   (I do notice that either kit alone is $60 to ship, regardless of which one, and both together are $109---but I can add all the other little kits and goodies at that point, and it still stays at $109)   

So, I believe I'm in the EXACT same spot as you, and it's probably just coming down to the minimum box size to hold everything.

I tried mixing and matching things every which way to see if I could get a better deal, but it all came down to the exact same totals, $109/$112, which made it the best price to get everything at once.

In my case though, the big ticket boxes were the VFG Ozma and Klan kits.  Hobby Search lists the box sizes for those as roughly 13x9x4, and 17x13x4.5.  The other items I have are one HMR VF-4G, two Legioss Zetas, and two Cosmo Raven kits.  I actually have boxes of all those sizes, and a few HLJ shippers folded in my garage, if you want me to speculate on what size the box will be, and see if there's room for an Arcadia VF-4 in there.

Either way, I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up.

Edit:

Had this one sitting still in my storeroom full of packing materials, it's a 26x17x13 box, and holds basically everything I just shipped, so I expect that's the size they'll be using.  Only thing I don't have is the larger Klan VFG box, but it would easily fit on the bottom.

boxfill.thumb.jpg.80dff5032951e9d6e6c0a14c72b1236c.jpg

Edited by Chronocidal

33 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

Shipping just the VF-4A from HLJ is 4k for DHL. I even got a discount coupon in the package since I got in right at the start of their current promotion. :)

Some quick shots from the hangar. Love the FB2012 paint job! And having Hikaru in the proper flight suit. When I get home maybe I'll do a side by side with the VF-4G and HMR versions before I take her apart.

50882910227_f13db408bc_o.jpg

50882910122_26c7330541_o.jpg

27 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Dug out the HMR VF-4A from my closest to take this quick shot with the Arcadia VF-4A. :D

50882513903_837d794d6d_h.jpg

@Saburo do you by any chance have  DX VF-1 handy to take a shot of them side by side? I want to put mine on my Hikaru shelf (which is DX's) and I'm trying to get an idea of if it will look too goofy.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

@Saburo do you by any chance have  DX VF-1 handy to take a shot of them side by side? I want to put mine on my Hikaru shelf (which is DX's) and I'm trying to get an idea of if it will look too goofy.

Thanks!

Hope this quick shot works for you. 

VF4A_GRPX_000.jpg

Edited by Saburo

16 minutes ago, Saburo said:

VF4A_GRPX_000.jpg

Hey, is there some forced perspective trickery going on? Roy feels so tiny next to Hikaru. :huh:

4 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Thank you @Lolicon!   Your shot is great! Looking forward to your shots of the VF-4A panel lined. :D

Thank you, sir! I'd like to get working on it very soon. :lazy:

18 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Hey, is there some forced perspective trickery going on? Roy feels so tiny next to Hikaru. :huh:

Thank you, sir! I'd like to get working on it very soon. :lazy:

I noticed that too when I was processing the photo. No forced perspective, both in the same plane in the shot.  Its the angle that Roy is in that gives the illusion he is much smaller.  It's fun optical illusion to stare at. :blink:

7 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Hands of the HM-R and Arcadia are roughly the same size.

A538CB4F-67E5-4B97-850D-DB6AF3FE9DA1.jpeg

I made some time ago an articulated hand that could retract in fighter mode. But seeing your photo, I think I can try to print a much larger articulated hand and see if I can fold it better. 

I just need to dig my 1st release VF-4 now !

25 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

I made some time ago an articulated hand that could retract in fighter mode. But seeing your photo, I think I can try to print a much larger articulated hand and see if I can fold it better. 

I just need to dig my 1st release VF-4 now !

Looking forward to this @Xigfrid:yahoo:

Great photos @Lolicon & @Saburo. :good:

10 hours ago, Saburo said:

VF4A_GRPX_000.jpg

Is that the DX Roy? It looks tiny compared to the DX Hikaru!

Would you say the 1/60 VF-4 is slightly bigger than the 1/48 VF-1 in Fighter?

Thanks!

Edited by sqidd

10 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I got one of each. Still waiting on Amazon to ship my normal version :)

9 hours ago, Corrinald said:

I opted for the PF. The normal version looks great but I am really looking forward to the Premium Finish treatment.

Yeah I only opted for PF for the same reason. Stoked

12 hours ago, sqidd said:

Is that the DX Roy? It looks tiny compared to the DX Hikaru!

Would you say the 1/60 VF-4 is slightly bigger than the 1/48 VF-1 in Fighter?

Thanks!

Hey @sqidd. As per @jenius note on his Anymoon site:

DX VF-1 length is 30.5cm
Arcadia VF-4G length is 29cm.

DX VF-1 will dominate our shelves. ^_^