Arcadia 1/60 VF-4A ‘Flashback 2012’ Premium Finish & Regular Release

no3Ljm

35 minutes ago, slide said:

438850430_magic8ballnodoubt.thumb.jpg.b817ec5bb2ab2859570abadd68d43b5a.jpg:rofl:

Back on track though: do we expect the release to be at the end of the month? [barring any further delays?]

That's what I'm assuming at this point, with a decent chance that it will slide into early February if there are any more production hiccups.

I'm hoping the delay to January was part of the shipping woes instead of a production issue. If there are production issues AND shipping woes, we'll be quite lucky to get it in January. I ordered one of each so I can compare them on the channel :)

1 hour ago, Arkham said:

42k, geez... Was that the original price, or is there a markup?

From what's Anasazi's comment back in August when the HLJ Premium link was provided, he mentioned that the markup was 10% from the original price posted in the Arcadia site for Y38280. So the price at HLJ now probably didn't change as it was posted back then.

Arcadia site has it for Y38280 which you need to use proxy to avail one. Nin-Nin has it for Y40990. The dreaded Nippon-Yasan has it for Y39000 with pay later option. But then, we really really suggest everyone not to give our hard-earned money to Nippon-Yasan if you don't want any problems later on.

Do note that this is an exclusive Arcadia online shop release so expect a markup from other stores.

1 hour ago, Arkham said:

42k, geez... Was that the original price, or is there a markup?

That is close to the original price, Premium Finish editions are a bit more expensive than normal Arcadias, and normal Arcadias are a bit more expensive than DX Chogokins.

The normal VF-4 edition is almost ¥30,000

Edited by Sanity is Optional

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

From what's Anasazi's comment back in August when the HLJ Premium link was provided, he mentioned that the markup was 10% from the original price posted in the Arcadia site for Y38280. So the price at HLJ now probably didn't change as it was posted back then.

Arcadia site has it for Y38280 which you need to use proxy to avail one. Nin-Nin has it for Y40990. The dreaded Nippon-Yasan has it for Y39000 with pay later option. But then, we really really suggest everyone not to give our hard-earned money to Nippon-Yasan if you don't want any problems later on.

Do note that this is an exclusive Arcadia online shop release so expect a markup from other stores.

Yeah, that's HLJ's original price for the Premium Finish version. They pick a price for pre-orders and stick with it until release. Can't say the same for some of the other shops out there. You're paying for convenience and good customer service. With HLJ, you know you'll get the item you ordered or your money back. No shenanigans where they ignore multiple support tickets you submit, keep telling you that stock is on the way, or try to give you store credit instead of a refund when they can't deliver.

11 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

HLJ is now saying that next Thursday (21 Jan) is the release date for the regular finish:

image.thumb.png.308b4d8e913127c6243d271523c3f26c.png

Yay!

I have a few VF-4 from Yamato and Arcadia game versions but I figured what the heck one more isn’t going to hurt. And this is the official FlashBack 2012 version.

1 hour ago, sjoebarry said:

Good. I ordered the regular. Does it say a different date for the premium?

Unknown. I only ordered the regular one and the date showed up in the automated Private Warehouse email I receive from HLJ every few weeks when I have stuff ready to ship or on pre-order. If you look at the actual listings on their site, it doesn't mention a specific date for either version.

And I just scored a DX Roy a couple days ago...

tenor.gif

Well, it's in a shipping box and DHL now have the mission to deliver this bad boy to my house. Also finally got the Klan VF-25 girl kit on the way with it. Next week should have a good day in there.

17 minutes ago, sqidd said:

AmazonJP seems slow to get these.

Yeah it’s weird. I would be worried but Arcadia releases are not historically tough to secure. Plus Amazon still has the release date as 01/31...

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
I like toys

3 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Not sure. Mines listed at 28200 but I don’t think that includes the tax they will tack on. 

I see, so they did jack up the price since the start of the listing. Amazon have good (for them) pricing AI.

Now it is listed as 32K, that include JP tax. After they remove that and add on the US tax, it will be about 31K I think. Their shipping price is still very good.

I hope someone here will review their copy soon. Mine will not arrive till March at least.

22 minutes ago, kkx said:

What was amazon.jp's price for the normal version when they first listed it? Did they jack the price up to 32K or was that the original price.

The price is higher because the listing you are referring to is being fulfilled by Amazon...not sold by Amazon....;)

6 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The price is higher because the listing you are referring to is being fulfilled by Amazon...not sold by Amazon....;)

i see. Missed that. Thanks.