Arcadia 1/60 VF-4A ‘Flashback 2012’ Premium Finish & Regular Release

no3Ljm

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

See, I was in the opposite camp, I didn't care for it before I panel lined it, there's just to much grey and nothing to break it up. 

I actually had no interest at all when the regular VF-4A was announced.  Like none.  My HMR was just fine.  Theeeeeen the glorious PF version was announced.  I became a traitor to my own words that this is the ugliest Valk ever (in Battroid and Gerwalk, of course).  I preordered just like that without hesitation.

50 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

It's laborious doing the paneling on the VF-4 yourself and then having to scrounge up the decals. A few extra bucks for the PF is worth it for me.

Give Gundam Marker "pour type" panel lining markers a try. Panel lining never felt so easy.

They use a thin ink and work via capillary action, so there's minimal clean-up.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Give Gundam Marker "pour type" panel lining markers a try. Panel lining never felt so easy.

They use a thin ink and work via capillary action, so there's minimal clean-up.

The problem is that many of the panel lines are so shallow that there's no capillary action at all.

Otherwise all the various panel lining techniques/products and washes available are just as simple.

For the VF-4G at least, you either had to manually draw the panel lines on or try rescribing the panel lines and then using whatever favored panel lining method you have.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

See, I'm actually thrilled to have the official 2012 scheme, because it frees up one (or two) of my original VF-4Gs for custom schemes.  I was going to make one with a tan nose eventually, but I definitely want to dig into some old F-14 decals for ideas on one.  Maybe a good Sundowners or Ghostriders scheme would look good, complete with the white scalloped underside. :D 

20 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

The problem is that many of the panel lines are so shallow that there's no capillary action at all.

Otherwise all the various panel lining techniques/products and washes available are just as simple.

For the VF-4G at least, you either had to manually draw the panel lines on or try rescribing the panel lines and then using whatever favored panel lining method you have.

Interesting. I've been able to do a few models with shallow lines, but yeah it meant tracing the whole line, letting the ink dry, then swiping my thumb over the top to removes the overflow.

2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i still need to order this. i haven't decided on the premium or regular. 

Maybe preorder the premium............. and then wait.............................until they have a sale for the normal VF-4a:spiteful:  

Ok, so catch me up. Is the only difference between the PF and standard finish the panel lining? I'm not seeing pictures with a pilot figure. Do both versions come with one? Do both not come with one? Does one and not the other come with one?

So the PF is 38,280 yen because since it has to be shipped to a JP address you're on the hook for tax correct? Then if the shipping is still screwed up $75ish for DHL or $30ish for surface? Total with DHL $450ish?

The PO through Amazon JP for the regular finish is $315ish shipped DHL?

Thanks!

Edited by sqidd

They both come with pilots , it’s listed on their item details 

They both come with a gunpod 

The main difference between them is that the premium finish will have full tampo marking and panel lining so it should have a clear coat too .    

The regular ver will have some pre applied marking but the rest will be on the worse sticker sheet in the world .

shipping cost what it is , can’t really compare to Amazons deep DHL discount.

So you will save on shipping and tax if you get it on amazon.

the regular release is in December and the PF is in February, both could be delayed as usual.  

11 minutes ago, F360 said:

They both come with pilots , it’s listed on their item details 

They both come with a gunpod 

The main difference between them is that the premium finish will have full tampo marking and panel lining so it should have a clear coat too .    

The regular ver will have some pre applied marking but the rest will be on the worse sticker sheet in the world .

shipping cost what it is , can’t really compare to Amazons deep DHL discount.

So you will save on shipping and tax if you get it on amazon.

the regular release is in December and the PF is in February, both could be delayed as usual.  

:hi:

43 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Custom it in Roy scheme

Winner!!!!:hail:

I was thinking of putting it in my Hikaru display but I would have to "de-mote" the Hikaru 1S with SSP's in fighter to have the room. The Roy display has room. Or, maybe both. I've yet to get a single Valk on release . It would be irresponsible to start now.:p

Edited by sqidd

6 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Could always get this then:

Custom VF-4 head on Shapeways

I believe this one matches the Hi-Metal version.

Psssshhh, I think you mean the Hi-Metal version matches this one - since I made it years before the Hi-Metal release.

You'll find the variants here too; https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rpg?section=Macross+VF%2FYF+Upgrades&s=0

30 minutes ago, Kurisama said:

Psssshhh, I think you mean the Hi-Metal version matches this one - since I made it years before the Hi-Metal release.

You'll find the variants here too; https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rpg?section=Macross+VF%2FYF+Upgrades&s=0

I like your VF-4S rendition. Having a 1A head for the Skull leader seems a downgrade or demotion. 

On 8/25/2020 at 11:10 AM, sqidd said:

I'll pulled the trigger on one standard finish. I'd regret it if I didn't.

No idea what I'm going to do with it though.:bigshok:

My vision for a Detolf shelf:

I bought a Flashback:2020 LaserDisc to use as a backdrop. I'm going to follow @Lolicon's lead and DIYPF mine, along with my two HMR VF-4s.

Display them all in front of the LD with the Arcadia in Fighter mode, and the HMRs in Gerwalk and Batttroid mode. 

come to think of it... I might need a third HMR for another Fighter in forced-perspective... :D

4 hours ago, slide said:

My vision for a Detolf shelf:

I bought a Flashback:2020 LaserDisc to use as a backdrop. I'm going to follow @Lolicon's lead and DIYPF mine, along with my two HMR VF-4s.

Display them all in front of the LD with the Arcadia in Fighter mode, and the HMRs in Gerwalk and Batttroid mode. 

come to think of it... I might need a third HMR for another Fighter in forced-perspective... :D

My organization isn't set up like that. I have my stuff organized by character or show. Also no Detolfs. It has no "show" correct? It's from a video game? Even if it did, I'm not doing an entire shelf for it's show/game. I'm going to have to put it in my Hikaru shelf. Probably by demoting something that's on it.:( That is unless I can figure out how to fit it in there without it looking too busy. Since it's a 1/60 I'd want to put it in back (my version of depth of field). Maybe I can make something work.

1437505780_Hikaru1.jpg.c71c3d766f1adae71d7d138adff78794.jpg