Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Discuss any movie that is coming soon, new or old that doesn't deserve or need their own thread. Similar to the general TV thread. I'll start with...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice done @TangledThorns B))

I am so looking forward to this one, Tom Hanks has always been one of my favorites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose a thread like this is justified for films that don't fit under the "Anime or Science Fiction" umbrella... or otherwise be of any interest to Macross fans.  <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was interested the instant I heard Tom Hanks was playing Mr Rogers.  On a side note I saw an outtake from one of those celebrity "gotcha" shows.  They set Mr. Rogers up in a hotel and had a bunch of things not work correctly ending with the TV.  Mr. Rogers simply brushed off each item saying it was not a problem.  The only one I remember exactly was when they said the TV did not work and he said "That's OK, I like to read".  At that point the crew came out and said they were trying to prank him and just couldn't.  The man really was what you saw on the TV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tekering said:

I suppose a thread like this is justified for films that don't fit under the "Anime or Science Fiction" umbrella... or otherwise be of any interest to Macross fans.  <_<

Why don't YOU go watch some Mr. Rogers. You obviously didn't learn how to be nice to people as a kid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Why don't YOU go watch some Mr. Rogers. You obviously didn't learn how to be nice to people as a kid. 

My daughter watches the new version, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood on Prime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always skipped passed Mr Rogers when I was a kid, trying to catch Giligan's Island or Twilight Zone re-runs instead. Part of me regrets that.  My wife has so many fond memories of watching it growing up.

Also, interesting question: Besides Robert Langdon, has Tom Hanks done any other completely fictional characters recently?

Seems like alien anthropologists are going to have a field day trying to figure out why so many important men in movies about the 20th century all look like Hanks.

Even when he's not the star of the movie, say like in The Post or A League of Their Own, he's still like the main secondary character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

I always skipped passed Mr Rogers when I was a kid, trying to catch Giligan's Island or Twilight Zone re-runs instead. Part of me regrets that.  My wife has so many fond memories of watching it growing up.

Although I admire the man immensely I never could stand the show.  There are others I know who watched it and had fond memories.  I'll most likely see the biopic on him since I find the person so interesting (and Tom Hanks).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll check out the Mr. Rogers movie.

57561D7A-07CF-480A-80D6-08FEF942E3FA.thumb.jpeg.986a67cad35470fd166ab8d03f79acff.jpeg

I plan on buying these Black Hole figures from DST.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw that 1917 preview, looks good and yes there is a DUNKIRK vibe going on which I like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

;)

I do wonder, though. Seems like you could just watch this instead and save yourself an hour and a half:

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Wow, this looks good! Yeah, reminds me of DUNKIRK but thats a good thing!!

Looks very promising.

But when the officer talks about saving his brother, I couldn't help thinking "Joffrey?!!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does look good.

But my first question would be, why doesn't she have a clue that 'something' is up? I'm assuming she knows all about this too, esp being as old as she is, so when her whole family just shows up, shouldn't she be suspicious? Or did I just get to the twist end of the movie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Netflix but it's a Movie that will also be in theaters and with one hell of a cast. This looks superb! :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dobber said:

That does look good. 

Chris

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_named_in_the_Panama_Papers

To date I'm not sure that anyone has gone to jail regarding the Panama Papers.

Seems like the person who has payed the most for this was one of the journalists who helped expose it and was subsequently murdered:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daphne_Caruana_Galizia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2019 at 11:09 PM, Mazinger said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_named_in_the_Panama_Papers

To date I'm not sure that anyone has gone to jail regarding the Panama Papers.

Seems like the person who has payed the most for this was one of the journalists who helped expose it and was subsequently murdered:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daphne_Caruana_Galizia

I don't think anyone has gone to jail. It's probably too hard to prove/prosecute, especially with the names involved. What do I know of the finance world anyways:unknw:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rewatched The Martian today. Still a great movie, glad I went out and bought it on Bluray on a whim last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Rewatched The Martian today. Still a great movie, glad I went out and bought it on Bluray on a whim last night.

Did you get the extended-cut version?

While I love this movie, I'd love to see it as a series on Netflix because sooooo much of the book is missing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

Did you get the extended-cut version?

Wait what?

/checks

...oh god damn it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Wait what?

/checks

...oh god damn it.

:D:lol:  I'm laughing cause I did very the same thing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.....*goes to check Blu-Ray....

AHH....well...I'll have to watch that SOON! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:11 PM, sh9000 said:

I’ll check out the Mr. Rogers movie.

57561D7A-07CF-480A-80D6-08FEF942E3FA.thumb.jpeg.986a67cad35470fd166ab8d03f79acff.jpeg

I plan on buying these Black Hole figures from DST.

The thing that always "horrified" me about that movie was the ending.  Even as a kid, I realized: in order for Maximillian to accommodate/save Dr. Reinhardt, there would have to have been some, er, hasty amputation(s).  :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 3:13 AM, reddsun1 said:

in order for Maximillian to accommodate/save Dr. Reinhardt, there would have to have been some, er, hasty amputation(s).

Maximillian did not save Reinhardt.  

The ending of The Black Hole is open to many interpretations, but that's not one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, @sh9000.  Cancelled my BBTS order (which would've required me to eat the cost of a Rocketeer figure I had no interest in).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tekering said:

Maximillian did not save Reinhardt.  

The ending of The Black Hole is open to many interpretations, but that's not one of them.

what the heck was going on with that ending:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

what the heck was going on with that ending

The Judeo-Christian imagery suggests Reinhardt was sent to the fiery pits of hell, forever imprisoned within Maximillian, while an angel led the Palomino survivors through the pearly gates to salvation on the other side of the black hole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ending was written at the last minute and is a bit of a mess.  Some great imagery though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...