6 hours ago, Dynaman said:

I keep getting that one mixed up with the one where Earth was destroyed and the heroes are chased around by migraine inducing CGI spaceships (no not The Last Starfighter).  I'll have to give this a watch.

You may NOT EVER disrespect The Last Starfighter sir!  We shall have to step outside! 

4 hours ago, derex3592 said:

You may NOT EVER disrespect The Last Starfighter sir! 

No, I'm sure by "the one where Earth was destroyed and the heroes are chased around by migraine inducing CGI spaceships" he's describing Titan AE.

MV5BYTVkYTAyZDMtYzNmYi00OTkyLTg3M2ItNmE0

2 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

You about to get yourself the Alexander Hamilton experience.:lol:

But I don't subscribe to Disney+  

EDIT - and some of those good bits are good indeed "No - MY Slaughter" comes to mind.

Edited by Dynaman

Watched "Da 5 Bloods" on Netflix the other night. After Spike Lee's BlacKkKlansman (which I really enjoyed) I was actually intrigued with this movie. 

Best way to sum it up is this "Spike had an idea & a story and then it just collapsed". 

The Huey was a poorly CGI'ed model, gun sound effects are almost muted at times, can't tell whether the M-16's/AK-47's were firing blanks or that was CGI too? The action scenes when there in Wartime Vietnam are borderline boring. You never really get a sense of this tight bond brotherhood or that the 5th member who died in the War was either the best friend you ever had or the bravest soldier of all time. It's implied yet you never see it unfold on screen. (The combat scenes from Dead Presidents is so superior to this movie it's criminal). 

The landmine field and few other shots were done well and the humor Spike threw in work well and I genuinely laughed. There is one scene where the main character almost loses it (mentally) on a boat and the actor nailed the scene, you feel his anger, anxiety, depression & regrets. 

Overall it's not a terrible movie but I feel Spike Lee would have been better off to quadruple check this story, what to keep & what to cut as the flow feels choppy at times and above all the runtime... 2-1/2 hours long. 

14 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Watched "Da 5 Bloods" on Netflix the other night. After Spike Lee's BlacKkKlansman (which I really enjoyed) I was actually intrigued with this movie. 

Best way to sum it up is this "Spike had an idea & a story and then it just collapsed". 

To be fair, it wasn't Spike's idea, nor even his script...  It was an Oliver Stone film called The Last Tour, and it only featured one black guy.

The racial perspective Lee brought to the film elevated the material a great deal, but it was still hamstrung by the original structure... and the inevitable ending.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah everything was right about that movie.  Not much of a Sharon Stone fan but she played the role of the murdering seductress well without going overboard with it; I can only imagine the cringe worthy performances other women may have done.  One would almost think she's somewhat like that character in real life since she played it so naturally, lol. Also, scenes like when Michael Douglas shoves Jeanne Tripplehorn against a wall and rips her clothes off was done well, without being overly passionate or violent and elicited the right amount of excitement from the audience.  Again a well done movie.  Shame about trashing the Mustang and the Lotus; I loved those cars then, and now... 

Edited by myk

I loved this movie in high school!  It was almost like you were getting away with something really naughty but you could still rent it at Blockbuster. I still like to watch it if I catch on some channel. The twin Lotus's were so awesome! 

Wife and I watched another sexy movie last night. EYES WIDE SHUT. We only seen parts of it but never sat through the whole thing. I remember how controversial it was at the time, not just for the sex but also Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman's marriage being on the rocks at the time too.

Anyways, it was good movie with a creepy AF soundtrack but not something I'd watch again like BASIC INSTINCT.

Besides Fatal Attraction any good recommendations, old or new, for sexy thrillers?

4 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Besides Fatal Attraction any good recommendations, old or new, for sexy thrillers?

Does True Lies count? True Lies is great, and Jamie Lee Curtis is a beyond real, drop-dead gorgeous bombshell in it.

image.png.b4f06e98c28bb6effd6da967e33a750c.png

I finally got to watch this last night, it might be one better movies I've seen in a really long time. lately I find myself with my phone or laptop near by when watching movies, last night I was eyes only with this one, if you have HBO or can watch it online I highly recommend it! 

2 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Does True Lies count? True Lies is great, and Jamie Lee Curtis is a beyond real, drop-dead gorgeous bombshell in it.

image.png.b4f06e98c28bb6effd6da967e33a750c.png

Agreed on Jamie Lee Curtis but looking for films in the rated-R section 8)

2 hours ago, Thom said:

True Lies, probably the last great Schwarzenegger movie.

Agreed 100%!

7 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Wife and I watched another sexy movie last night. EYES WIDE SHUT. We only seen parts of it but never sat through the whole thing. I remember how controversial it was at the time, not just for the sex but also Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman's marriage being on the rocks at the time too.

Anyways, it was good movie with a creepy AF soundtrack but not something I'd watch again like BASIC INSTINCT.

Bound with Gina Gershon and Jennifer Tilly.

8 minutes ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Bound with Gina Gershon and Jennifer Tilly.

Yes! Thank you. I see its on CBS All Access. Looks like its time to give their free trial a go.

On a side note I watched BASIC INSTINCT and Eyes Wide Shut on Showtime streaming and Eyes Wide Shut was only in 4:3 aspect ratio, WTF? Same with other movies I found in their library too. Good thing it was only a free trial with Showtime because they suck.

Edited by TangledThorns