Ali can definitely bring it.  

His Cottonmouth in Luke Cage Season 1 was a damn good foil.

That character was gangster to the core but with a set of standards.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • azrael changed the title to Marvel Studios Blade
  • sh9000 changed the title to Marvel Studios Blade - November 3, 2023
1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

Gonna take a lot to beat the style of the original Blade films, the first two at least.

As much as I liked them, they felt more like matrix than Blade. I’m curious to see what approach they take with the new film

1 hour ago, Big s said:

As much as I liked them, they felt more like matrix than Blade. I’m curious to see what approach they take with the new film

So funny you say that as BLADE pre-dates The Matrix by a year. I remember first seeing the trailer for the first MATRIX thinking it looked it borrowed from BLADE in style with martial arts, lots of tight fitting black leather (very 1990s!) and coats plus SFX with slo-mo bullets.

11 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

So funny you say that as BLADE pre-dates The Matrix by a year. I remember first seeing the trailer for the first MATRIX thinking it looked it borrowed from BLADE in style with martial arts, lots of tight fitting black leather (very 1990s!) and coats plus SFX with slo-mo bullets.

It was the style back then. I kinda get confused sometimes on which of them came first. Eventually there was Equilibrium and quite a few other stylized long leather jacket acrobats. The comics had a lot less of that attitude and style though, and the current mcu has a very different style, but still feels a bit like some of the extreme stuff from the older 90’s even with the more serious movies and I’m curious to see if this turns out more late 90’s style or modern or trash like morbius or if they try to keep things a bit more grounded. I’d be super surprised if they went with a more grounded approach and they probably will end up more similar to the older movies than the old comic stuff.

• 2 months later...
  • sh9000 changed the title to Marvel Studios Blade - November 7, 2025