[AdultSwin] Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal

As long as there’s a good story behind those crazy visuals, he’s usually done well.

Seeing a momma T-Rex defend her babies and deciding to bust the kneecap of a dick dino attacking them was an efficient way to get the point across. :lol:

See I only know him from Dexter’s Laboratory and the original Clone Wars. I know he also did other shows like Samurai Jack but I never watched it. So the Uber violent, gory tone took me off guard.

Chris

11 minutes ago, Dobber said:

See I only know him from Dexter’s Laboratory and the original Clone Wars. I know he also did other shows like Samurai Jack but I never watched it. So the Uber violent, gory tone took me off guard.

Chris

Trying to watch Sym-Bionic Titan.

Was a great show^^

I’ll admit I didn’t follow Samurai Jack too closely.  But I remember it ending beautifully.

And after the kewl factor wore off in Clone Wars Volume 1, Volume 2 came back with crazy visuals and some of the best stories for the prequels.

Best stinkin’ version of Grievous at least.

1 hour ago, Mog said:

I’ll admit I didn’t follow Samurai Jack too closely.  But I remember it ending beautifully.

And after the kewl factor wore off in Clone Wars Volume 1, Volume 2 came back with crazy visuals and some of the best stories for the prequels.

Best stinkin’ version of Grievous at least.

Yeah I remember liking the longer season 2 much more. Anakins fight with Ventress was awesome! With great foreshadowing. 

Chris

• 1 month later...

Someone said Genndy Tartakovsky?

Shut Up and TAKE MY MONEY!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Considering they enslaved a bunch of folks, they kinda got what they deserved.

But give credit to Gennedy for making you feel sorry for the survivors.

Amazing how they can pull off nuances with this show.

Another solid ep.  

A reviewer waxed poetic about the story and the layering done here. . . and then ended the review with the most Primal of Primal observations:

Spoiler

“Oh, and Spear disembowels an elephant.”

:rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't understand the whole point of the numerous oar montages at the beginning, but it tied up appropriately at the end.

I understood the point of repeating the fighting scenes an episode or two ago, but I suspect someone got lazy for this one (or needed to pad the ep a little bit).

Spoiler

And Baby T-Rex's for the win! 

Showing one of them hit by an arrow?  Genndy, you bastard!  You know how to get our sympathies burning with RAGE.

If this is the series finale, then it ended well.

Kinda wish the final fight stretched a little longer, especially given the past history.

But a nice ending nonetheless.

Spoiler

Not a completely happy ending.  But like Samurai Jack, it’s an ending that will stick with you.

It was a hard life for Spear, but he saved and protected his new “family.”