Have to admit, as much as I LOVE the first one I never did see the second one. Came out during a bad period in my life and completely forgot about it since. Heard bad things about it though. :(

Chris

3 hours ago, Dobber said:

Have to admit, as much as I LOVE the first one I never did see the second one. Came out during a bad period in my life and completely forgot about it since. Heard bad things about it though. :(

Chris

Oh boy, where do I begin? The golden circle is good, for all of the first ten minutes where it picks up right from where the previous film left off. Then it goes into an immediate death spiral once the main villain and her plan is introduced and never recovers.

If you're wondering the plot is what's left of the Kingsmen after drone strikes wipe most of them out joining forces with their US brethern the Statesmen to take on a Martha Stewart wannabe to make the world safe for drug addicts to get high.

• 2 months later...

Will watch trailer when in appropriate mood and can summon interest.

First movie was good, but not buy blu-ray good. Watch once at cinema good and then catch it again if it shows in TV and I've nothing better to watch or do good.

Second movie was forgettable. I vaguely remember Colin Firth in an eyepatch and something about an American agent with a whip???? That's my grand total memory of watching the movie, so it can't have been that good.

I loved the first, a nice bit of fun in a genre that has become way too serious.  I missed the second, too busy, and the bad audience reviews kind of shooed me away.  This one looks old school badass, while retaining the fun.

1 hour ago, Knight26 said:

I loved the first, a nice bit of fun in a genre that has become way too serious.  I missed the second, too busy, and the bad audience reviews kind of shooed me away.  This one looks old school badass, while retaining the fun.

That’s EXACTLY what happened with me and how I feel.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...