Lupin III: THE FIRST

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-07-10/lupin-iii-gets-1st-cg-anime-film-by-stand-by-me-doraemon-takashi-yamazaki/.148854

Lupin III is apparently getting its first 3DCG-animated film this year on December 6th.

I'm actually pretty impressed how well the art style adapted to the new animation technology.

I think it is all in the eyes, the closer they are to big "Disney-like" eyes...the easier it translates from traditional animation to 3DCG animation.

So probably tons of Japanese Anime would translate well! 

Maybe even Macross!...preferrably the older Mikimoto style from 82-84....Macross is probably not lucrative enough for that kind of treatment though...but it doesn't hurt to dream...

Jiminy+Cricket.gif

• 4 months later...

I am so onboard with this, looks awesome and still seems to have all the qualities, including exaggerated expressions, that made Lupin-III so fun and amazing to begin with.

Edited by Knight26

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm just going to post here the announcement for Lupin III Part 6 series since there's no dedicated thread for LUPIN III anime series instead of creating a new thread. Hope that's ok. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Looks like a good year for Lupin. :D 

True. 55 years this year. ;) 

Some company (S14?) is doing a diecast 1/12 scale of their Fiat 500 from the Cogliostro movie. However, for Y44000 there's no figures included.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

True. 55 years this year. ;) 

Yeah, it's been a pretty good couple years for Lupin recently what with Lupin III: the FirstPrisoner of the PastLupin III Part V, and Lupin III Part VI, and now Lupin Zero and now Lupin III VS Cat's Eye, the latter of which is, I guess, the 28th Lupin III TV special?

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Some company (S14?) is doing a diecast 1/12 scale of their Fiat 500 from the Cogliostro movie. However, for Y44000 there's no figures included.

I should get one for my desk at work... just because it'd be the one thing there that absolutely nobody would recognize as a piece of anime memorabilia.

• 4 weeks later...

Now THAT is something I wasn't expecting!  I guess now that Maurice Leblanc's works are in the public domain we can actually have the Arsene Lupin (the First) in Lupin III.