There was a show with one or two beautiful lead blonde girls. The show's name is right on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember it. Something to do with stuntmen always jumping cars. I think they had good cars in that show. I think the blonde girl was in a bubble bath in the show's opening. Damn, I'm going to be thinking about remembering the name of that show now like that episode of Honeymooners.

Found it. The Fall Guy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fall_Guy

But I guess I'm getting old and images and stuff is getting mixed up. The guy was in the bath in the opening. But the pretty blonde girl has a poster that I probably owned.

1981670053_heatherthomasposter.jpg.980d2577b1d134d7a502b6764806f324.jpg

Edited by JetJockey

7 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Heather Locklear dude... or Heather Thomas. 

Heather Thomas.  I also remember her from the movie Zapped!

21 minutes ago, Thom said:

Why was Face driving B.A.'s van?

Maybe Mr. T couldn’t make it or he had health reasons.

I watched this last night- two hours of cheesy tongue-in-cheek humor as these guys all talk smack and, the Hoff aside, look for their rides to race each other. I wondered why they had Face drive the van, too, as he had a corvette in the show, at least in an episode. B.A. owned the van, but I guess they wanted it b/c it's iconic, and yeah, I'm thinking Mr. T couldn't or didn't want to do it, so they got Starbuck instead. I'm fine with it. The show was actually better than I thought it'd be, as I think they let these guys ad lib b/c some of the sh!t they say, especially Hoff, is pretty damned funny. They also got the original voice actor for KITT, but his voice has changed a little over the years. Still, he was giving sh!t to Hasselhoff  throughout the show. :lol:  Some of the tech that the Hoff looked at/drove was really cool in its own right. The aquatic vehicle he drove in one scene can reach speeds of 60 MPH on the surface, 25 MPH under water, and can 'leap' twenty feet out of the water, which he did. Pretty cool. For older guys, they're all still in really good shape. I also found out that Eric Estrada was a no kidding deputy sheriff in VA from '09-'16, when he became a reserve officer in Idaho, a position he still holds. Admirable.  I confess I Googled them all as I was curious about their ages, and I happened to see police officer listed as one of Estrada's careers.

Anyway, they raced each other three times at the end of the show (I'm thinking coordinated stunt drivers with interwoven shots of the actors talking smack throughout), but it was cute. They had Catherine Bach in her Jeep Wrangler show up to hold the starting flag for the races. Still looks good for her age. They also had a scene apropos of nothing with Morgan Fairchild in a McClaren. Even at 69, she still looks pretty good and is brassy as ever. Her car was beautiful.

Anyway, if you're a child of the 80's, I'd recommend giving it a watch. It's cool to see these guys poking fun at each other and themselves, and along with the iconic vehicles, Hasselhoff travels around and showcases state of the art vehicles that were inspired by KITT.  At the end of the show, Hasselhoff says he wants to challenge other supercars of the 80's and gets a call from the operator of a certain time machine. I hope it happens.

Edited by M'Kyuun

19 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Heather Locklear dude... or Heather Thomas. 

Heather Thomas. I remember Heather Locklear from TJ Hooker. And sadly because Heather Locklear is in the news these days for the wrong reasons.

8 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

At the end of the show, Hasselhoff says he wants to challenge other supercars of the 80's and gets a call from the operator of a certain time machine. I hope it happens.

Good way to lose a race #88: challenge a time machine.

For some reason the new Corvette's interior reminds me of KITT. It's probably just how closed off the driver is from the passenger. It really comes off like an 80s or 90s driver focused interior. Too bad all the switches just seem to be air and heating controls.

1123926528_2020CorvetteC8Interior.thumb.jpg.c1674b4d932758c3e8fddd5e6559df19.jpg

20 hours ago, JB0 said:

The dash angles, the plethora of switches and displays, the electronic instrument cluster...  that's exactly what I'd expect a modern version of KITT to look like.

It's a very tempting car. Just like the Mustang is a more European design so is the Corvette now. I lean towards the Mustang though since it's more usable as a daily driver. The Corvette seems like a weekend / track car. And if they gave just a little more thought to those buttons. It's bothering me because it could be so awesome with buttons that did more than control air conditioning.