• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • sh9000 changed the title to The Eternals
  • 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

"Throughout the years, we have never interfered. Until now."

I'm now looking forward to know where they are during the Infinity Saga.

Were they immune to the "snap"?

I know nothing about these characters....but looks interesting so far....felt the same about GotG, now they are among my favorite Marvels movies....so looking forward to this...

29 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I know nothing about these characters....but looks interesting so far....felt the same about GotG, now they are among my favorite Marvels movies....so looking forward to this...

This is why sometimes it's best not to read the source materials. It works for me. :good: 

7 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Here, a video with some explanation about the Eternals in comic

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Looks OK but will wait till it comes to streaming.

Um, yeah.

I predict that everyone excluding the die hard fans are going to look at End Game as the last good MCU movie (for me it's Infinity War, End Game sucked hard). The junk they're bringing out now does absolutely nothing for me.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Um, yeah.

I predict that everyone excluding the die hard fans are going to look at End Game as the last good MCU movie (for me it's Infinity War, End Game sucked hard). The junk they're bringing out now does absolutely nothing for me.

Exactly, as a casual Marvel fan, they did a good job from Iron Man 1 on keeping me more and more interested in the movies and the Infinity saga.  I agree Infinity War was the best one, End Game, kinda mehh, but at least it tied up most of the stories.  I've lost all interest concerning the new stuff. I'm "Marveled out".   

3 hours ago, Big s said:

My favorite was The last Thor movie. It’s silly, but it looked and felt like a classic Marvel comic. The character and background designs and colors made me smile. It was an absolutely absurd movie, but in a good way 

My favorite too.

Not that I didn't like others though. Iron Man 1, Infinity War, Guardians 1, All of the Captain America's, Ant Man 1, The magic Benedict Cumbersnatch one.......that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

10 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I'm "Marveled out".   

So much this. It's been beat to death. Disney will milk it until it loses money though. And then throw good money after bad for a while. Then they will go and buy another IP and ruin it.

14 hours ago, Thom said:

Looks better than the last trailer. I'm more interested.

Same here.

6 hours ago, Big s said:

My favorite was The last Thor movie. It’s silly, but it looked and felt like a classic Marvel comic. The character and background designs and colors made me smile. It was an absolutely absurd movie, but in a good way 

I have a feeling the third Thor movie is going to be good too.

2 hours ago, Big s said:

That was the third one. Love and thunder will be four. Everyone usually forgets two, the one with the emo elves

People seem to hate that one for whatever reason, but I've always found it fun.  I have a soft spot for silly portal-based physics comedy, and the overarching plot wasn't terrible, it just wasn't very memorable.

I didn't have any problem with the Dark World either. Quite a number of funny moments as well heavy, brooding ones. And I think it was the only movie where Rene Russo was actually given a good script. Until then, she could have been played by any B-movie actress considering how little they used her.

19 hours ago, Big s said:

That was the third one. Love and thunder will be four. Everyone usually forgets two, the one with the emo elves

My mistake.  I love all Marvel movies.  I’m able to find something to enjoy in each and every one of them.

I've never been much of a comics reader. I dabbled in Iron Man comics briefly in the early 90s, but that's it, despite my lifelong interest in superheroes. The Marvel films have certainly changed the game; they've found a good formula for making these movies fun, interesting, visually stunning, while maintaining the humanity of these superhuman people. That said, while I had only a tangential knowledge of the Avengers courtesy of cartoons over the years, The Eternals are a complete unknown to me as comic book heroes. Obviously the majority of them have their roots in ancient human mythologies and lore, much like Thor. Having watched one trailer, and having read an article, I'm slightly more educated. The trailer has me sold as another beautiful spectacle at the very least, but the caliber of talent on board as well as a different dynamic and viewpoint for these ancient heroes offers enough difference from the Avengers to make it interesting.  As I said, the Marvel Superhero franchise has set a pretty impressive precedent; historically, these comic heroes were a hard sell in live action (1979 Captain America, anybody?), but these movies have done a really good job of making them seem visually credible. Not content to rest on the CG technology, these movies were all written and acted very well; even the 'worst' of them is still better than much of what came before.  I'm looking forward to seeing this new cast of heroes do their thing. 

Too, more opportunities for some cool LEGO sets. 😍