Zentradi Battleship

theraiden

I know Arii did plastic model Zentradi battleships , which would be quite a bit  cheaper. But their scale is also much smaller, like 1/20000. What your looking at is 1/8000 and looks pretty nice from here.

If you’re looking to gain experience, I would also consider it too expensive tho..

@theraiden - I have an original of this kit from a guy down in Australia. I bought it direct from him years ago. I'm almost certain these are non legitimate re-casts, which means who knows the quality of the resin used.  It is a resin model kit. If you have never dealt with a resin kit before, it is an entirely different animal than a plastic model kit like the Arii kits.  I wouldn't suggest it as a first go with a resin kit if you haven't had any experience. It was about my 3rd or 4th.  That being said, it IS an awesome display piece once completed.  I found the only really difficult stage of the build is securing the two halves together. It's a b*tch. I actually snapped the nose end of mine trying to do it, but was able to salvage the build. The Arii kits are very small, but build up pretty nice considering their age.  Except the flagship that is..I don't know what the designers were thinking on the nose part of that one, it looks nothing like the resin kit or the show itself. 

Edited by derex3592

This resin kit is really nice to build. Just know that if you do buy a recast you might not have the metal frame inside and will have to make some serious modifications to make the extending parts stronger.

nicest part of this is that it also doubles as an awesome gold booster!

EAC685E6-4D99-4D14-A136-DC9FDC2746C5.jpeg