• 4 months later...

Those Danes and their creativity. I just recently learned, via LEGO, who are producing toys based on this film, that the original Troll doll was hand-carved by a Danish fisherman and woodcutter named Thomas Dam for his daughter's birthday. The other kids in town wanted them too, and soon Mr. Dam formed a company producing them, out of plastic now, for Europe, and then the US. The story echoes that of Ole Kirk Kristiansen, a Danish carpenter, who abandoned making furniture in favor of wooden toys under the LEGO name. Years later, he bought a plastic extrusion molding machine, and the rest, as they say, is history.

As for the movie, they have a talented cast, many of whom can do double duty as singers, which I always like to see. The plot's kinda silly, but, y'know, it's kids' fare- loud, colorful, obnoxious. Looks like the writers had fun poking fun at the various stereotypes associated with the various music genres. I doubt I'll see this in the theatre, but when it eventually comes to tv, I may indulge as a guilty pleasure.  Apparently, this is a sequel; I wasn't aware of the first Trolls, so I'm a little behind the power curve, so to speak. Anyway, hope it's done well and enjoyable.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Same here....I thought it was lame to not offer it for purchase when it first came out...it's not the same for me to "rent" at 20 bucks to watch it a movie at home as a new release  vs the Big Screen...but I guess I am in the minority as I think it did better than the first one in terms of "ticket" sale revenue

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Same here....I thought it was lame to not offer it for purchase when it first came out...it's not the same for me to "rent" at 20 bucks to watch it a movie at home as a new release  vs the Big Screen...but I guess I am in the minority as I think it did better than the first one in terms of "ticket" sale revenue

When you factor in price for tickets and concession snacks we saved money watching it home :)

5 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

When you factor in price for tickets and concession snacks we saved money watching it home :)

Well, of course and movie concessions are the biggest ripoff everyone just goes along with.....bag of popcorn and 2 sodas for 15+ bucks is robbery...Even more when you start adding additional mouths!

Anyways, I was only referring to paying for the movie primiere at home vs the experience of seeing it on the big screen...for me, there is no comparison....I have no issues paying for a movie premiere at the cinema and if I really like it, buying my own copy later....but I won't do that to watch it at home as a premiere then buying it again later to watch it again at home, I'll just wait until I can buy it...I feel bad for movie theatres....I personally will not go back until I personally feel Covid-19 is an extremely low-risk and to me that most likely means a vaccine or extremely low new cases...