Banana Splits movie

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

What is Banana Splits?

I'm wondering the same thing.

EDIT: Google says it was a kids variety show that ran from 1968 to 1970, and was in syndication from 1971 to 1982, so I guess it's a little before my time (which, as I'm pushing 40, is becoming increasingly rare to have to say).  So the premise of turning it into a horror film is as ludicrous as taking a cartoon character (also from the '60s) and giving him a talk show.

Edited by mikeszekely

The Banana Splits are a fictional rock band which appeared on The Banana Splits Adventure Hour. This itself was a kid-friendly variety show by Hanna-Barbera from the 1970s--along the same lines as H.R. PufnStuf.

The show had a catchy, if repetitive, title song.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Banana_Splits

Not sure what I think about it being rebooted as a horror flick, but maybe this is for fans of Five Nights at Freddy's?

Edited by technoblue

1 hour ago, mikeszekely said:

I'm wondering the same thing.

EDIT: Google says it was a kids variety show that ran from 1968 to 1970, and was in syndication from 1971 to 1982, so I guess it's a little before my time (which, as I'm pushing 40, is becoming increasingly rare to have to say).  So the premise of turning it into a horror film is as ludicrous as taking a cartoon character (also from the '60s) and giving him a talk show.

TBSS as a horror film? EVIIIIIL. I had to think hard to even remember this show... although honestly, I'd rather have a Ghoul Show parody instead...