aarelovich

New to Mandarake. Is it safe to buy?

I've seen somethings that I want in Madarake that have peaked my interest. However say I search for a YF-29 DX. I have several and ALL item descriptions seem to be the same. How do I know if it is used, new or what?

Is it safe to buy? How does it wokr? Same as ebay

Also, SAL shipment is a lot cheaper, however I cannto order stuff to my country without tracking, as am I am unable to get it from customs. Does SAL Shipping come with a tracking number?

Thanks for the info

I have bought from Mandarake several times. Their shipping team is very reliable and the condition is usually like new - unless it is specified. Usually, they will note some damage, or so, but the condition is usually much better in person. 

It seems they started to charge more for shipping, since they don’t ship DX vf by sal small packet anymore. They seems to use EMS and sal parcel, which is pricier. 

Probably one of my favorite & most hassle free places to buy from online. Whether it's been a book or a toy they always take great care to wrap it up and ship things out safely. You're in good hands! 

Great place to buy from. Everything they sell is used or at least second hand but mostly as good as new. They basically buy items from individuals and resell. Everything is checked very thoroughly when they buy them so you are often better off buying from them if you are unsure about the possible condition of something. When they say a box is heavily damaged, that usually means a small crease somewhere that you would barely notice. 

No offense meant. But this section is dedicated to official toys and merchs. Anything pertaining to stores, we do have a section - Where to Buy.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/13-where-to-buy-macross-auctions-amp-dealers-specials/

And here's a thread dedicated to Mandarake.

Just sayin'. Anyways, hope the links should help.

2 hours ago, aarelovich said:

I've seen somethings that I want in Madarake that have peaked my interest. However say I search for a YF-29 DX. I have several and ALL item descriptions seem to be the same. How do I know if it is used, new or what?

Is it safe to buy? How does it wokr? Same as ebay

Also, SAL shipment is a lot cheaper, however I cannto order stuff to my country without tracking, as am I am unable to get it from customs. Does SAL Shipping come with a tracking number?

Thanks for the info

Have some transaction with mandarake before and it's OK.

For the item condition, google translate is the key but if the item is opened and have major defect like missing part or something they would stated it in item description if not then you can assumed that the item is in good condition. The different in price in mandarake usually indicate how beat up the item box is, and honestly i don't care about the box and always go for the cheapest one. 

I've spent enough there to buy a decent used car...

Here's the decoder ring for their item descriptions:

• Package Damaged: Box has a crease or some minor shelf wear.
  • Package heavily damaged: Box has an actual dent. However, check pictures, this description also goes all the way to "Box Exists and Closes, technically". Usually means some minor damage, unless accompanied by pictures.
  • Opened: Item has been opened. No visible wear or damage.
  • Not Opened: Item is still taped shut.
  • Tape twice affixed/Opened for Quality Check/similar statements: Item was opened for a manufacturer quality check, and taped shut again. Item is equivalent to "not opened".
  • Opened, Used. Minor wear and/or damage. May have some paint damage.

They will also generally note if there is a smell of cigarette smoke, and tend to take pictures of even the most minor damage. You can also request pictures.

I've bought sealed stuff from them, and opened, used, box heavily damaged stuff from them. No regrets yet on any individual item.

They're also my go-to place for any exclusive/P-Bandai gundam kit that's already been released.

Mandarake is 100% trustworthy and one of my favorite shops.

Absolutely love visiting their stores in person whenever I'm in Japan. For opened/used items, they will open them and let you inspect them before you buy if you visit in person.

One time I had a selfie taken with one of their employees at the Akihabara shop. It was a dude cosplaying as a female anime character. It was, um, interesting. :shok:

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

No offense meant. But this section is dedicated to official toys and merchs. Anything pertaining to stores, we do have a section - Where to Buy.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/13-where-to-buy-macross-auctions-amp-dealers-specials/

And here's a thread dedicated to Mandarake.

Just sayin'. Anyways, hope the links should help.

I'm very sorry. New to the forum and did not know this.

Thank you for your words. I just wanted to know a few more details. 

First is what happens when you add too cart two different items? Do they get shipped together or as individual packages?

Second, I've read the Registered SAL packages have only "partial tracking" what does this mean?

Thank you and regards.

I just recently returned from a very long Hiatus of collecting Macross items. And then about 3 months I've probably spent almost $2,000 through Mandrake. That website is awesome I'm a big fan and I'm glad for Macross World ores who pointed me in the direction of that site.

Always had a good experience with Mandarake.  Usually I am pleasantly surprised when I order something as having "box damage" and the box doesn't really have any damage other than some minor shelf wear and scuffing.

Another time I ordered a Medicom Tron set, and they sent the wrong version.  Order version A and got version B, for example.  I contacted them, and they asked for me to ship it back and they sent me the correct one and refunded my shipping cost to send it back.

As someone who got in late on Macross figure collecting, I bought most of my DX Macross F figures from Manda over the last couple years (I also use YJA, Jungle and *gasp* ebay).  I would say that Manda is my go-to for good quality used figures, and their pricing is usually competitive.  When an item is labeled "box heavily damaged" they usually turn up in much better condition than I expect. 

Their customer service has been pretty good for me too.  I bought a YF-29 Ozma (used, package damaged), but it turned out that one of the intake covers was missing.  I contacted them for a replacement but instead they offered a 5,000 yen refund - which I quite happily accepted.  They have been responsive and helpful whenever I reached out.

I would say that if a used item is up for sale on YJA/Manda/Jungle, my first choice would be Manda for the best price/customer service/low shipping cost combination.

Sorry for the long winded reply but hope this helps.

Edited by rdrunner

Thank you for the encourgament. I will definitely use the page for whatever Macross Figures I want. But I still would like to know if they combine shipping when ordering from two different stores inside fo them.

1 hour ago, aarelovich said:

Thank you for the encourgament. I will definitely use the page for whatever Macross Figures I want. But I still would like to know if they combine shipping when ordering from two different stores inside fo them.

They have been accommodating on my request to combine shipping on two orders from the same store, but I haven't tried to do that with different stores. 

No, you can't combine shipping from different stores.

Edited by jenius