Looking for the original series, subtiled

aarelovich

As the topic, says. Is there anyway to see the original series subtitled?

I'm not sure what the policies on piracy are in this forum, as I'm new. But I'm from Argentina and the options for streaming and buying content are very limited (I'm suscribed to as many streaming sites as they'll let me). Netflix even has robotech, but I want the original Macross version. 

I'd appreciate any help.

4 hours ago, aarelovich said:

I have read this somwhere before. I'm actually an amazon prime member. But, its not available in my country. 

Use VPN. Though I'm not sure if the other Amazon country/region will recognize your account from your country. 

53 minutes ago, aarelovich said:

They are usually paid. Do you know any good free one?

Sorry. I'm also using a paid one. You can google some. I used to use Hola before for Chrome. Though I'm not sure if it's still working coz that was years ago. Use Google Chrome as your browser and search for free VPN extension from their web store to install it to your web browser.

• 1 month later...

I still have my AnimeIGo DVDs, wish they had a bluray edition though.
The biggest issue with the Amazon Prime version of Macross is that it is not the HD transfer.  Robotech is though, freaking HG.

1 hour ago, Knight26 said:

I still have my AnimeIGo DVDs, wish they had a bluray edition though.
The biggest issue with the Amazon Prime version of Macross is that it is not the HD transfer.  Robotech is though, freaking HG.

I still have my set somewhere too....are these things worth anything?  I paid a ton of money for it back in the day.  Looks like they were going for about $250 USD back then?

The exchange rate was even crappier than it is now, and it worked out to almost $400 CAD back then.

Edited by peter

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:17 AM, peter said:

I still have my set somewhere too....are these things worth anything?  I paid a ton of money for it back in the day.  Looks like they were going for about $250 USD back then?

The exchange rate was even crappier than it is now, and it worked out to almost $400 CAD back then.

No idea how much it is worth now, but I don't plan to sell mine.  I think all of the old timers on here ponied up the money for that set.  Those were early DVDs though, hence them being single layer and requiring 9 disks for the series.  But the way Animeigo teased us for, what two years, showing us all the work they were doing, it was great.  I remember I was on a trip when my set was delivered, and I could not wait to get home.  To find it on my doorstep was awesome.

And I just checked, dang those were announced in 1999, and released at the end of 2001.  Feeling old age creeping in again, lol.

Edited by Knight26

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 11:17 AM, peter said:

I was part of the original crowdfunding campaign way back in 1999 (way before kickstarter). Yeah cost me about $423 CAD. I think it finally came out in late 2001 or early 2002. As much as i complain about the exchange rate, it was sooooo much worse back then. 

Edit: Just read knight26's post and see my guesstimate on the dates was pretty dead on.

Edited by Sandman