Making of a 1/60 Drop Tank set, also looking for any help to

R0P3-F15H

Hey all,

Been wanting to make/get something close to the VF-0's Drop Tanks but starting to realise ill have to make something of my own probably so looking for any advice or help with what to use as a base or making from scratch so far my plan is to use a 1/72 scale Storm Shadow set ( from somehwere) and cut the tail, tip and fins then fill with puty then add some width and hopefully ending up with the genreal look of the VF-0's drop tanks as they are the only refrence i really have for drop tanks in the macross world.

Storm Shadow
Image result for 1/72 Storm Shadow

VF-0 Drop Tanks/Missile Pods(?)
9d7e97823b5bd368d5e6425ee9f12338.png1fd66741740481cd03b5e4f48c439a11.png

Edit: changed title as this will now become a project of mine, time to make a mess with putty and styrene.

Edited by R0P3-F15H

2 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Is this a drop tank for a Macross toy or model?  What scale?

You could make it cheaper for sure, or you could just buy it..

from the 1/60 VF-0A, butying them would be a fall back plan but to get the style i want will take some modifcation ( if i buy just generic drop tanks ) dunno how many would want to part with that very specific VF-0A part however.

haha thanks! they did come out really well, almost makes me ashamed of the cuttiong and putty-ing im going to do to them x-x 

now that i have them in hand i might not even add bilk to the sides, but will probably round the nose's off the pods

Hacking done! got around to them today, also got the first few coats of future polish on the others imnot hacking up .p.

Un3raH8.jpg
LqjPInV.jpgeACRZxC.jpg

To add i do not know how i am going to do the drop tanks now, as im afriad the pledge polish will ruin the hardened putty? if not i will just do the same im doing with the others after sanding to apply coats of primer

• 2 weeks later...

Alufxxq.jpgMissile's and Pylons all done, took a while to fill in all the gaps on the 'pods' after clearing off and smoothing down the shapes and rounding down the shape. Missiles could have come out better but they look a lot nicer after the gap filling done with polish/primer.