WIND PRINCESS - OFFICIAL TRAILER (NAUSICAÄ TRIBUTE) FAN MADE

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Disney will start making live-action Miyazake movies next...

This "fan" project looks excellent.....it's amazing how well the animation translates practicallly "as-is" to film.... 

Shut your mouth before the mouse hears you and ruins our beloved anime franchises.

25 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

Shut your mouth before the mouse hears you and ruins our beloved anime franchises.

Hasn't that started already with other franchises.  It's just a matter of time before Disney gets in on the action, especially since Disney seems to have some agreement to the Miyazaki film collection releases outside Japan.

Visually, they could probably do a good job with Miyazaki's films.  The fan project seems to show that the original visuals translate incredibly well into live-action. 

Something that I think Macross wouldn't without significant changes.

1 hour ago, Knight26 said:

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Hasn't that started already with other franchises.  It's just a matter of time before Disney gets in on the action, especially since Disney seems to have some agreement to the Miyazaki film collection releases outside Japan.

C1VmobM.jpg

:ph34r:

Edited by slide

4 hours ago, slide said:

C1VmobM.jpg

:ph34r:

ROFLCOPters………+1,000,000.00 As for the video...

yet another reason I cry when I think about my brother. He LOVED Ghibi films. He would be weeping after this. As for Macross?

They could either update the time to reflect modern concerns (in stead of some unknown war in the M1990's, how about a post 9/11 global civil war/Jihad when the ASS-1 visits now or soon-ish?) or stay the course and make the timeline changes AT 1999...

I don't think Disney has rights to the Ghibli collection anymore.  The Blu Rays are now made by someone else (and not available on Disney Movie Club). 

That said, this looks really good, some straight up passion went into it.  I love the on location filming they did and real models rather than relying purely on CG.  Massive kudos.

• 4 years later...
13 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Very nicely done.  I love that line after the credits, makes it complete.

I straight up smiled & damn near teared up for a quick second. B))

I wonder if this is all they'll do or try to make more short films? I'd happily chip in to help out.