Games workshop collectibles

Big s

Saw this on tag hobby from Bandai. Totally wasn’t expecting this, I unfortunately can’t read the details. Anyway I’m interested, poseable space marine sounds cool. Looks like there are other super deformed items as well.

A3490D70-7326-4E70-B7F0-28FCDF9293DA.jpeg

I have lived to see a licensed chibi Sister-chan toy made and sold by a Japanese company. 

I don’t know what to think. 

I had a feeling Games Workshop would eventually cross the line into prepainted collectibles like this... though I never expected it'd be Bandai they'd partner with to do it.

Overall, it looks pretty damn good in terms of the fidelity to the original art and build quality.  I wish they'd picked a more interesting start to such an unexpected line though.  A generic Primaris marine in generic Mk.X Tacticus pattern power armor belonging to the Ultramarines - the Space Marine chapter embodying genericness - isn't a particularly exciting offering.  It's more or less the default settings for space marines in the present edition.

I mean, if you're gonna do a posable character model shouldn't you do an actual character with a little personality?  Like Marneus Calgar, Cato Sicarus, Uriel Ventris, Azrael, Asmodai, Dante, Kayvaan Shrike, Vulkan He'stan, Vorn Hagen, etc.  I know I'd spring for an old school Beakie (Mk.VI Corvus pattern) in a heartbeat, since that was the iconic space marine design when I first started out.

14 hours ago, Kelsain said:

Found more info:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/10/bandai-and-warhammer4-our-powers-combinedgw-homepage-post-2/

Apparently it’ll be a 7 inch pre-painted action figure. Obviously Ultramarines will be first. I might hold out for a Space Wolves one. 

Dark Angels all the way!

2 hours ago, Scyla said:

Dark Angels all the way!

For The Lion!!!!

I suppose I'll have to repaint the Ultra-Smurf... but what else is new?

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:52 PM, Seto Kaiba said:

I had a feeling Games Workshop would eventually cross the line into prepainted collectibles like this... though I never expected it'd be Bandai they'd partner with to do it.

Overall, it looks pretty damn good in terms of the fidelity to the original art and build quality.  I wish they'd picked a more interesting start to such an unexpected line though.  A generic Primaris marine in generic Mk.X Tacticus pattern power armor belonging to the Ultramarines - the Space Marine chapter embodying genericness - isn't a particularly exciting offering.  It's more or less the default settings for space marines in the present edition.

I mean, if you're gonna do a posable character model shouldn't you do an actual character with a little personality?  Like Marneus Calgar, Cato Sicarus, Uriel Ventris, Azrael, Asmodai, Dante, Kayvaan Shrike, Vulkan He'stan, Vorn Hagen, etc.  I know I'd spring for an old school Beakie (Mk.VI Corvus pattern) in a heartbeat, since that was the iconic space marine design when I first started out.

As a collector of trooper figs I don't have any complaints, other than I would have preferred an Imperial Fist. Truth be told I would have skipped any character fig other than maybe Shadowsun, Kayleth or someone similar. I am however hoping they release all Space Marine armour patterns of at least the most well known chapters.

And...they must not stop there. Bring on the Eldar, Tau, Sisters of Battle, Necrons, Dark Eldar and Tyranids.

5 hours ago, Podtastic said:

As a collector of trooper figs I don't have any complaints, other than I would have preferred an Imperial Fist. Truth be told I would have skipped any character fig other than maybe Shadowsun, Kayleth or someone similar. I am however hoping they release all Space Marine armour patterns of at least the most well known chapters.

It seems a safe bet that, if the Ultrasmurf sells well, they'll move on to the other most popular chapters like the Space Wolves and Blood Angels for paintjobs if nothing else.

I'd still like a Beakie though.

And...they must not stop there. Bring on the Eldar, Tau, Sisters of Battle, Necrons, Dark Eldar and Tyranids.

If they do 'em in the same scale, sure.

20 minutes ago, renegadeleader1 said:

In before the Sister of Battle ends up being the highest seller of the line because we all know how much the Japanese love their sexy yandere girls in loligoth attire.

Please don't let it be solely up to those guys. I actually want "bad guy" stuff, not just every camo pattern of a guardsman.:help:

6 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

In before the Sister of Battle ends up being the highest seller of the line because we all know how much the Japanese love their sexy yandere girls in loligoth attire.

... sh*t, he's right. :rofl:

Please don't let it be solely up to those guys. I actually want "bad guy" stuff, not just every camo pattern of a guardsman.:help:

Not gonna lie, a well-made Dark Eldar kabalite warrior or a Necron Phaeron would open my wallet right up.

11 hours ago, Podtastic said:

These are just the start, at WarhammerFest there was four more chibis not pictured. So the line is planned to be expanded. Personally getting the sister and skitarii.

As for the 7" marine it is just the first in a line as well. We'll see more as time goes on. For a starter though it's not a bad one.

• 4 months later...

I’m going to assume $80-$85 each.  It’s not much larger than the Movie Realization Star Wars figures and they’re all around $70.  Unless licensing for these is even more ludicrous than Sat Wars.  Actually, given those high fees the figures might be a comparable $70.