PLAMAX 1/20 VF-25, YF-29 and VF-31

TMBounty_Hunter

I suppose this means the VF-1 fighter kit pre-orders have been selling well...

...and we'll probably be seeing more "Minimum Factory" pilot figures from Frontier and Delta (and fewer DYRL characters as a result).  <_<

5 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Interesting, though next time I've learned my lesson, waiting to get those until there's a "free shipping" promotion somewhere.

You're lucky that you're just waiting for a free shipping promotion. Whereas me, I worry where to put it that's why I didn't bother getting the VF-1. :rolleyes:

Hm... I have a suspicion that those noses are actually indicative of the final products. No full models from here on out, just the noses to complement the figures. I dunno how I feel about that.

Nice to see Mirage getting some love. But STILL, I wish they'd just scale these up a bit. Everything else about them looks great, it's just the minuscule size of them...

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You're lucky that you're just waiting for a free shipping promotion. Whereas me, I worry where to put it that's why I didn't bother getting the VF-1. :rolleyes:

I know exactly what you're going through. All my stuff is sitting in piles of boxes right now for lack of space to even build anything. Finally was able to buy a condo, but haven't moved in yet.

So, are they going to cheap out again, and only offer stickers for all of them? <_< Frankly speaking, those sculpts look fairly terrible, especially the VF-25.  Misshapen, under-detailed for the size, and just plain off-model.

Have to agree though, the idea of just making the noses as a display piece for pilot figures makes a bit more sense.

On the other hand, I'd be all over a 31A or YF-19 kit. ^_^ 

Edited by Chronocidal

Okay, so it's confirmed then that these really are just the nose cones, right?

4 hours ago, Mr Jones said:

It'd need a YF-21 and a Ghost to go with it... I'd need a whole room for that :)

Bonus points if you include actual broken windows, too.

43 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Okay, so it's confirmed then that these really are just the nose cones, right?

No. Why would they suddenly switch to that?

These are rough 3D prints with zero information aside from IN DEVELOPMENT plaques, but that's pretty much exactly how the VF-1 development cycle went. The only difference so far is VF-1 started with a cardboard cutout silhouette before proceeding to a very rough 3D print of the nosecone some months later and more and more 3D prints for a ~2 year period.

So don't bother preparing your wallets until 2021.

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those parts are the lower halves of the noses, with the gear wells cut out.

I guess it's kind of cool to have cockpits like this, but I can't help thinking this is just.. dumb?

If I wanted a cockpit display, I'd want something the size of the cockpit, and with a seated figure.  If I wanted that much of the nose, I'd just rather have the whole aircraft at that point.

I dunno, it just feels like a really bizarre display base that completely overpowers the figure you're displaying with it, while being simultaneously disappointing because if you're making something this size, why not just go all the way and make the whole plane? :huh: 

I think I'd be more interested if it was at least a full-detail (or, well, pseudo-full-detail) kit. A nose radar, full cockpit with maybe functional EX Gear system, removable panels, wires/hoses, etc...

I mean, I still have half a mind to get this just to scratchbuild the rest of it, but still... :lol: