Macross DYRL 1984 film promotional materials

jvmacross

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Did you know there was a model kit associated with the release of the movie?

Long ago on YJA I came across a non-scale model kit of an SDF-1 in a white box with Macross printed in black and according to the description it was said to be a movie release giveaway. IiRC, the box also had printed reference of the release of the movie.

I had bid on the item but when I won it the seller decided to keep the item and I was SOL on acquiring it. Like a numb but, I forgot to save  pictures of the listing as I was really excited Over it and was the only one bidding for it. Had I won I would have posted pictures of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it was the one released instead of this?

large.20200418_211200.jpg.56cc22a5885d73

But I think it is just a plain white box with Japanese writing on it...thought you had it?  Sort of like the black and white VF-1S kit that comes up from time to time...except that one has the boxart of the regular release, but in b/w....a promo I think

Yeah-you are referring to the 1/5000 Sample SDF-1, but they said non-scale, which eliminates that option.  :(

also "IiRC, the box also had printed reference of the release of the movie."..which this one doesn't.

Maybe a date range could be supplied for the auction in question? I've saved off quite a few old auctions, there is an infinitively small chance I might have it on an old hard drive.

20190323_163656.thumb.jpg.91a6cdd1bce574974ece88cd2c68e635.jpg

On 9/28/2020 at 8:58 AM, Shawn said:

Yeah-you are referring to the 1/5000 Sample SDF-1, but they said non-scale, which eliminates that option.  :(

also "IiRC, the box also had printed reference of the release of the movie."..which this one doesn't.

Maybe a date range could be supplied for the auction in question? I've saved off quite a few old auctions, there is an infinitively small chance I might have it on an old hard drive.

20190323_163656.thumb.jpg.91a6cdd1bce574974ece88cd2c68e635.jpg

Sorry Shawn. This would have been at least 8 months ago.

I’m still kicking myself for not being able to acquire the promo kit.

Still drawing a blank on this SDF-1 kit, which is quite frustrating. A resin kit of the SDF-1 from 1984? Movie promo...on YJA about 8 months ago, white box with black text. And you were the only bidder. 
I've gone back to dec2018 on both sdf-1 and dyrl queries...see nothing so far. No chance it was mis-filed in your memory as one of these?
And it was YJA, not ebay or mercari?
I still believe!!! :)

20190602_105805.jpg

20190705_132807.jpg

20190706_120321.jpg

20191116_142939.jpg

i-img1200x1200-1590567774dhxxza340866.jpg

May be worth going through the magazines of the era....although we often are surprised to find new things we did not know of.....an official "limited movie tie-in" kit would have been something that would have been promoted......if it actually exists I would be more surprised that Shawn was not aware of it...:D

On 10/6/2020 at 10:58 AM, Shawn said:

Do you remember how much you won it for?

And just to confirm-it was in a baggie with a B&W label, not a box?

The item came in a box, in the box was a baggie holding the contents. The baggies was not a channel-lock type (ala Ziplock). 

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

That's right boss Jvmacross. Here is some of the story. It was for sale there and the seller. Didn't want to sell it outside of Japan. Meaning Buyee could not even purchase it.  I scrambled and scramble in a hurry. I was on the edge. I did a custom order at Rinkya, but I was still very green at it.  I didn't want to wait. So I ask my friend over in Japan. To buy it. I waited forty and it sold. I was smacked and very depress over my loss. Seventeen hours later. I got a notification from rinkya. "please pay for your item". I was so lucky.