tekering's BItComp entry #2 - Quamzin resin kit

tekering

2 hours ago, Return To Kit Form said:

Any argument about scale with regard to Macross makes no sense and is indefensible

True 

I'm going to digress horrifically here but this talk of scale reminds me of a discussion I had with a friend back in the 80s - before the net/I even heard of Macross:

Me: Bla and I want the Zentraedi to have X genetic enhancements...

Friend: You know there's this new game called warhammer 40 000...

Me: And to be X tall.

Friend: You wont even come up to his boot.

Me: And their rifles to deliver X per shot...

Friend: They can destroy mountain ranges!

Me: And to have X fleets each consisting of X ships...

Friend: What does EEEEEEEE mean on my calculator?

Me: And the Mainbase to be X size.

Friend: If something with that much mass nears the solar system...

Discussions of scale...its all a matter of perspective

To each his own scale.jpg

Edited by Podtastic

18 hours ago, Gatsu said:

... ( Noudjaseul being the smallest of the zentraedi's mechas as they are in fact just powered armors) ...

Technically they're "Powered Suits", and are quite different from Power Armour.  In short, the torso is a cockpit, with the pilot's upper body and arms in it (the mecha's arms are fully automated), and the pilot's legs only reach down into the thighs of the legs (the lower legs are also automated).

TV cockpit interior (note triggers and other hand operated controls at the front):

nousjadeul-ger-cockpit.gif

DYRL cockpit interior (note depiction of Zentradi pilot seated in the cockpit in the bottom middle):

nousjadeul-ger-dyrl-lineart2.gif

And some size comparisions (note Zentran and Meltran body size in comparison to the Battle Suits):

sizechart-tia11.gif

On 5/27/2020 at 12:59 PM, Return To Kit Form said:

So it is okay for Bndai to make a 1/90 scale Vf-1 and a 1/97 scale monster?

I dont buy it.  Any argument about scale with regard to Macross makes no sense and is indefensible. A choice has to be made. I have already explained the grounds for the decision and it sounds reasonable to me. No other choice is more or less accurate because the source material makes no sense and is inconsistent.

1/90 or 1/97 instead of 1/100 is a very small deviance. You can't compare it. About your opinion on the sizes argument.. it looks like you already decided unmovably what should be the conclusion of the matter, so there's no point i respond on it. 

46 minutes ago, Return To Kit Form said:

Not immovable. I just disagree that any choice is wrong because the source material is so inconsistent. Want to make a drawing? Feel free to make it any size you like. Want to make a physical thing with plauseable consistantancy? Get ready compromise one way or the other. 

The Macross sizes matter is not so vague as you think. In the anime sizes are not always coherent but for the most you can deduce what sizes should be. So there are 2 logical choices : follow official stats regardless they are nonsense, or follow anime sizes possibly with some corrections.