tekering

tekering's BItComp entry #1 - Gnerl resin kit

Posted (edited)

In the hopes that the "Built It Competition" hosted by @Return To Kit Form exceeds 20 entries ('cause I'm dead-set on getting a 1:72 Norbert Gerard Power Armour kit!), I've decided to devote all my resources to the task... meaning I'm gonna spend the next six months building all three of my Macross resin kits.  

The first is the largest and most expensive of them, Moscato Hobby's "Z Alien Interceptor," produced by the great folks at R2KF.  

136801094_interceptorparts.thumb.jpg.864e4fbdbaee90d303599ff132fcf0e3.jpg

Stay tuned!  ^_^

Edited by tekering

Awesome! I haven’t seen one of these in 1:72. Looking forward to this!

Same!  I have a gnerl coming in and would love to see how it's done!

Rough-sketching Zentradi markings on the fuselage, to determine the correct size to print the custom logo I made...

100030807_roughmarkings.thumb.jpg.cfba91bde28dc303ea5d1d241a73288e.jpg

On 5/1/2019 at 8:55 AM, tekering said:

In the hopes that the "Built It Competition" hosted by @Return To Kit Form exceeds 20 entries ('cause I'm dead-set on getting a 1:72 Norbert Gerard Power Armour kit!), I've decided to devote all my resources to the task... meaning I'm gonna spend the next six months building all three of my Macross resin kits.  

The first is the largest and most expensive of them, Moscato Hobby's "Z Alien Interceptor," produced by the great folks at R2KF.  

136801094_interceptorparts.thumb.jpg.864e4fbdbaee90d303599ff132fcf0e3.jpg

Stay tuned!  ^_^

Definitely wanting to see how it turns out. The racy Gnerl is my fave Macross fighter. : )

meltran_gnerl_ace_by_leelf.jpg

Looking forward to this as well.  I have one ordered but no clue how I will tackle the markings.

I'm loving those racy colors!  Especially with Milia :wub:

2 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Looking forward to this as well.  I have one ordered but no clue how I will tackle the markings.

I'm loving those racy colors!  Especially with Milia :wub:

This is a re-coloured fan edit.

The original version by Lee-Elf  is on deviantart of course. 

2 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

I have one ordered but no clue how I will tackle the markings.

That's the exciting thing with the Gnerl -- beyond the iconic Zentradi symbol mid-fuselage, there's no established precedent to work from.  Keep it clean and simple like the anime does, hyper-detail it like old Imai packaging artwork does, or anything in between.  ^_^

12 hours ago, Return To Kit Form said:

Have you thought about doing that as a mask rather than printing a decal? 

Of course, but I'll probably need decals for some of the smaller markings anyway (not to mention all the custom decals I'm using for the Thunderbolt), and it's a more efficient solution than a complicated masking job...  

Without knowing how long this is all gonna take, I can't afford to be wasting time!

True. But if you have the file as a vector I can run it off on the plotter = no complicated masking!

Speakimg of blank canvasses here is my Vanquish Racing Gnerl from a few years ago:

20170407_231557-3.thumb.jpg.13904fd3e0525c861df66b374d5186f5.jpg

Cheers,

Brett