New Moscato Macloss Model Project!!!

captain america

Masters are pretty much done, just a few tiny details left that I'll take care of in mold-prep. I came up with an interesting way to do 1/500-ish Zentradi weld seams in the process. Sorry for the poor photo, but they look really nice when viewed with the naked eye.IMG_1437.thumb.jpg.7d31e7a76fa1318c00bd0e4d4ad1f34a.jpg

I also took it upon myself to extend the troop boarding hatch, just so that it would be a more gradual slope, but as a modeler you'll have the option to use the extended plank or not. I happen to think it looks nifty, especially considering the clusterfrack nightmare that the hinge mechanism posed on a curved surface. Some of the parts are not perfectly fit into place, just because I didn't want to damage the masters with glue marks, but they do fit together nicely. 

All said, the Dropship will be able to carry 40 pods of various configuration. I tried to get good shots of the interior, but the darkness of the primer makes that difficult; definitely needs a light green/grey paint job on the inside, and some orange or red combat lighting. The preordered kits will come with two standing Regults, but if you want the full compliment for the dropship, you'll need to contact Alex over at info@plasticcretins.com to get the set directly from him.

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1430 copy.jpg

IMG_1445 copy copy.jpg

IMG_1435 copy.jpg

IMG_1442 copy.jpg

IMG_1443 copy.jpg

IMG_1433 copy.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

Edited by captain america

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

Quick Wednesday update: molds are almost done! I had a little molding mishap, or rather, a new mold product that failed to work as advertised. Consequently, I'm a few days behind where I'd like to be. Nothing that can't be re-molded with time and patience, but I thought I'd use this as a teaching moment. In short, whenever someone tries to sell you a mold-making silicone that doesn't require vacuum-degassing, degas it anyway! Below are pics of identical parts: the ones on the right are molded with degassed silicone rubber (as per my usual procedure), while the ones on the left are not. 

IMG_1495.thumb.jpg.2639e549b059578140dc5f31a23b8ef7.jpg

One half of the hull molds is also complete. Largest single molds I've poured in 15 years!

IMG_1496.thumb.jpg.facc8de6d7125f4fc685eb9707b8ad60.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If anyone ordered a 2nd set of kits or a solo order and would consider selling/trading please contact me. 

Unfortunately the arrangements I made to purchase the kits fell through, but it won't happen again.

Thanks in advance. :hi:

• 4 weeks later...