Gunbuster & Noriko Hanken Cel Artwork by Haruhiko Mikimoto Auction

I think there are a few Gunbuster fans here. I never thought I would see this original for sale. It just ended yesterday.

1529847559_norikogunbuster1.thumb.jpg.6402939a59c7bb6d57e197db6e4cecb0.jpg

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n338940405

I attempted to win but it went too high for something that I haven't seen in person. I'm actually surprised it didn't go higher. But it looks like the real deal. Whoever won it could have a nice setup with the Gunbuster chogokin and that old Kotobukiya Noriko figure. Too bad they still haven't released this kit as a painted figure.

noriko.jpg.cd6687fabfcb511f67e10fb53139e9db.jpg

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/75945

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2019 at 12:30 AM, hachi said:

Looks great, though I am skeptical if the paper is archival. I wonder what marker was used. I could try making my own since I cannot afford the real thing haha

If you win a one of a kind Mikimoto, the last concern is probably archival paper. In fact, it's probably not a concern at all.

25 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

If you win a one of a kind Mikimoto, the last concern is probably archival paper. In fact, it's probably not a concern at all.

I'd say if you win, it becomes a big concern.

If you don't win, who really cares if the acid in the paper is burning it away every moment it exists? That's someone else's problem.

27 minutes ago, JB0 said:

I'd say if you win, it becomes a big concern.

If you don't win, who really cares if the acid in the paper is burning it away every moment it exists? That's someone else's problem.

There are things to take the acid out of paper and control it. Museums have 1000+ year old paper. I think paper from the 80s isn't that big a deal. I have comics from the 60s that are fine.

• 11 months later...