It’s nice to finish off the week with the Boys. Obi sucks, ms Marvel is ok for what it is. Barry was great and the Boys had slow episode for once. That doesn’t mean it wasn’t good. Lots of wheels turning in different directions. And now even if they can stop Homelander, there may be an even bigger problem.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

You know it's going to be a great episode when you get this warning before it starts.:rofl:

And it was great (not just because if this moment).

2069011969_TheBoys.jpg.fb028febd83e27befeffd793f3912076.jpg

I was cracking up at that as well. Great episode with some interesting changes to different situations all around. And can’t wait for the big showdown with soldier boy and Homelander.  Really liked what they did with A-Train in this one.

• 2 weeks later...

A few episodes in and my wife is really grossed out this season, lol. Still, I think THE BOYS is the best live action comic book super hero series on streaming. Same goes for INVINCIBLE as best animated comic book super hero series. Who knew PRIME would succeed so well in that genre??

Can't say I like this show as I'm not into Garth Ennis' shock value-style comics. That being said...

Spoiler
  • It's nice that Maeve got a better ending than in the comics.
  • Black Noir finally got some development but then they killed him off. Kinda sucks...Nathan Mitchell (the masked suit actor for Noir in current seasons) will be back in the suit next season but he won't be the guy Fritzy-Klevans Destine portrayed as the person in the Noir suit from season 3. Kinda weird but OK. Still want to see Noir go crazy on Homelander...
  • Homelander's son is giving me a Brightburn-vibe.

16 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

A few episodes in and my wife is really grossed out this season, lol. Still, I think THE BOYS is the best live action comic book super hero series on streaming. Same goes for INVINCIBLE as best animated comic book super hero series. Who knew PRIME would succeed so well in that genre??

I'm going to wait until Invincible starts covering more content to pass judgement there Definitely great so far, but it's barely into the story. Maybe it's timw for me to rewat h that first season...

The Boys is great for everything it's changed from the comic original. Just started reading it, but it hits me as more "Boys Club" shock than the wittier social commentary of the show. Kinda like how The Unbrella Academy comic version is more sparse outline compared with it's Netflix cpunterpart. Kirkman with both The Walking Dead & Invincible has maintained a meatier more nuanced comic story (so far) than both TV counterparts. Though I to be honest, how well Invincible handlea

Spoiler

Thicc Atom Eve and all the beauty of the arc's during that period

Will determine how much I like the Amazon version of Invincible.

Back to "The Boys", I've truly enjoyed every change done for the live action series, except how Stormfront was shoed off, off-screen. Primarily because I think the actress deserved better, but that was a weak way to phase her out. Also, I expected 

Spoiler

Starlight to steal enough real V to dose Huey & Butcher in addition to Kimiko after reading that report

But, maybe that'll be a next season plot. Unless they revert back to the comic there 

Spoiler

And have Butcher attain it, then force it on the rest.

Edited by Keith

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...