NHK Full Macross Survey

20 hours ago, seti88 said:

Yeah I posted it in the scoopda thread (I thk) ...filled in the survey question halfway for the animated series section but it suddenly reverted to JP and I couldn’t understand what to do after that ...

7 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I couldn't find out how to vote

translate.png.a4be2a70b79696797c4c38fc801a594a.png

will take you to a page with voting choices (recommend google translate for the songs, highlight all the choices and copy-paste into google translate)

once you select something, it'll take you to a page like this:

translate2.thumb.png.26ffbfbb5b8f5a3955b89cd426295c00.png

Check the box, then click the blue "S[ubmit]" to submit your vote. Gray box says literally "Reset," ie start over.

EDIT:

Current rankings (no ranking for SHOW yet)

CHARACTER
1 - Sheryl Nome, MFrontier
2 - Nekki Basara (Google translates first name as "Hot air", ;) ), M7
3 - Ranka Lee, MFrontier
4 - Lynn Minmei, SDFM
5 - Kaname Buccaneer (yoooooo BEST GIRL), MDelta
6 - Roy Focker, SDFM
7 - Isamu Dyson, MPlus (pleasant surprise)
8 - Freyja Wion, MDelta
9 - Misa Hayase, SDFM
10 - Alto Saotome, MFrontier
11 Mikumo, 12 Messer (boo), 13 Mylene Jenius, 14 Max Jenius, 15 Hayao Kakizaki, 16 Michael Blanc, 17 Hikaru, 18 Gamlin, 19 Makina, 20 Klan Klan, 21 Brera, 22 Guld, 23 Reina, 24 Milia, 25 "Flower Girl" from M7

MECHA
1 - YF-19, MPlus OVA
2 - YF-29 Alto, MFrontier movie 2
3 - VF-19 Kai, M7
4 - VF-1S Focker, SDFM
5 - YF-19, MPlus Movie (yooooo my boy got on there twice!)
6 - VF-1S Strike Focker, DYRL
7 - VF-1S Strike Hikaru, DYRL
8 - VF-31F Messer, MDelta (booooo)
9 - VF-25F Alto, MFrontier (Messer beat Alto???)
10 - VF-1J, SDFM
11 SDF-1 SDFM version, 12 Koenig Monster (Frontier), 13 Monster SDFM, 14 YF-21, 15 VF-19EF/A (from its cameo in Sayonara no Tsubasa), 16 Draken III Keith, 17 SDF-1 DYRL version, 18 VF-27, 19 Macross Quarter, 20 YF-21, 21 VF-25G, 22 VF-25S, 23 VF-1A Super, 24 VF-1J Armored, 25 Monster DYRL

SONG
1, 2, 3 - ???
4 - Interstellar Flight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aYjo_2Wjlo
5 - Sayonara no Tsubasa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fCmOa8vwlU
6 - INFORMATION HIGH https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0rxpQI0ZbY
7 - Diamond Crevasse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtLaSx0Smwo
8 - Axia ~Daisuki de Daikirai~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa4-ICIACEw
9 - Sagittarius [frakking Star Sign] 5:00 Don't be late https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iSasBpwS4Y
10 - TRY AGAIN https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw58J_NlFPg

Edited by kajnrig

26 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Wow. As for the recent charaacter ranking, Kakizaki's ahead than Hikaru?!? :blink:

Well, atleast Hikaru's 3 units were included in the mecha ranking. ^_^

Hey, Kakizaki's a pretty likable guy.

Though I strongly suspect he was voted in as a joke, and people underestimated how little love Hikaru was gonna get.

I opened it in Chrome and told it to translate for me. That helps some. But it appears that for every option that you want to vote for, they then ask you multiple additional questions about why, who you are, where you are, etc.

Ain't nobody got time for that!

2 hours ago, BEAST said:

I opened it in Chrome and told it to translate for me. That helps some. But it appears that for every option that you want to vote for, they then ask you multiple additional questions about why, who you are, where you are, etc.

But you have time to vote? Hahaha! :lol:

3 hours ago, BEAST said:

Funny, I've voted twice already!

14 hours ago, Aries Turner said:

MECHA

The VF-31A "Kairos" is not there? I was under the impression the toy was doing better than Delta units.

The Kairos is actually in the choosing list. But didn't made it on the ranking list. I'm not sure if they just based it on the toy. And besides, I'm not sure if the toy actually did better because we had that impression that it was produced limited.

People are surely not voting based on toy sales. Besides some of those sales are because some people (read: Everyone from this forum, lol) were buying multiple copies of the VF-31A for displays, lol. Doesn't mean more people like this model than any other. If anything the YF-19 makes sense to be in the lead cause new toys keep getting made of it... it clearly is in high demand (as if any VF-1).

For good reason of course.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Jenius_girl said:

Does anyone know how overseas fans can watch this? I have not been able to find any sites streaming the channel, but hoping maybe a Macross fan will stream it somewhere or at least record it.

That's because no sites are. IIRC a complaint made by the guys on SpeakerPodcast was that this was a channel exclusive tied to their sat network? So only way to watch it will be to pirate or have the correct TV package. 

Hopefully they'll at least publish the results after the broadcast.

Yeah, it is a premium channel and isn't available outside Japan, but I was hoping someone there could figure out how to stream it or at least record it. I could ask some of my friends in Japan including the SpeakerPodcast guys, but not sure if any of them even have the satellite service.

The guys on the speaker pod cast , who live in Japan , are even trying to figure it out..They’re gonna pod cast results during Golden week , I believe.

As of the last speaker pod cast, Basura was #4 Roy #7, I believe . Isamu #9& Alto #10. All the other top 10 are singers. Sheryl being #1..

Edited by Bolt

Surely we will be able to view the results online after the broadcast, but I want to see the actual program which includes various guests. T-T
Even when I lived in Japan, I did not have cable or satellite, so I would have been in the same situation I'm in now.

Oh well, I'm attending the Crossover Live in June, so at least I have that to look forward to!

In the leadup to tonight’s Ultimate Macross Poll broadcast, results 50-26 have been released for each category. 
Here’s a quick translation of the mecha results so far. 
Keep in mind that the same model of mecha has multiple entries for tv/ova/movies. There are also a few entries that were tied. 
Will have the full results posted once they are available. 
https://www.nhk.or.jp/anime/macross/ranking/?cat=songs

BC98C953-44C5-454A-800B-20B5896B4D30.png

6 hours ago, Tochiro said:

In the leadup to tonight’s Ultimate Macross Poll broadcast,

What is the nature of the broadcast?  Is it a segment on a variety show or more like a 30 minute of something dedicated to Macross?

Overall anime top 10 ranking:

1. Macross Frontier TV

2. DYRL

3. Macross 7

4. Macross F Sayonara no Tsubasa

5. SDF Macross TV

6. Macross Delta

7. Macross Plus

8. Macross Plus Movie Edition

9. Macross Delta Gekijoun no Walkure

10. Macross Dynamite 7

Gender and age statistics:

12 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

What is the nature of the broadcast?  Is it a segment on a variety show or more like a 30 minute of something dedicated to Macross?

It’s a 3 hour Macross inspired marathon show with special guests and such. To be viewed on an exclusive cable network.

7 minutes ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

Overall anime top 10 ranking:

1. Macross Frontier TV

2. DYRL

As was suggested in the pod cast. This a showdown between old school fans and Frontier fans..B))

25 minutes ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

Looking through the complete listings now on the website linked by Tochiro a few posts up.

Flower Girl from Macross 7 came in at #30, higher than Reina, Sharon Apple, Ozma, Hayate and Milia

Gigil came in at #49. Listen to his song!

Love Gigil.  Easily one of the best characters in 7.  Hate Flower Girl.

Yep, DYRL Misa was 11th and TV Misa was 16th.
Meanwhile, speaking of non-singer female leads, Delta 4 came in at 44th... sadly appropriate I guess? T-T
I was pleasantly surprised that Kaname was the most popular Walkure member, getting 5th in the overall character ranking!