2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Cassian Andor's whole schtick having spent his life as an amoral, largely unprincipled space terrorist for the Rebellion?

Seems like kind of an awkward choice for a series... what with the whole glorifying terrorism and all.

8 minutes ago, electric indigo said:

Don't fall for the imperial propaganda...

... but he's the one who said it.  That was his whole "you don't get to judge me" speech in Rogue One.

27 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

... but he's the one who said it.  That was his whole "you don't get to judge me" speech in Rogue One.

As K2-SO might point out....Only 1.5789% of the fandom will give a sheit about that "fact".....you can't stop the Disney Star Wars juggernaut with mere logic....

52 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

As K2-SO might point out....Only 1.5789% of the fandom will give a sheit about that "fact".....

I find this argument by proxy vague and unconvincing. :p 

52 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

you can't stop the Disney Star Wars juggernaut with mere logic....

Why would logic need to help?  Its own writers are doing a fantastic job with that already.

5 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

I find this argument by proxy vague and unconvincing. :p 

Why would logic need to help?  Its own writers are doing a fantastic job with that already.

The Disney parks are where the money is at for Disney....everything else is just to keep that going....whether the supporting product is good or bad......

Personally, if the show works for me, then I can just disregard the kind of "facts" and "inconsistencies" you bring up, because in the end, all those folks at the Star Wars Celebration and the millions of others who were not there...will keep the Disney money train going strong way easier than those who would think they can stop it...

Anyways, it's not just Star Wars....of all the franchises Disney owns, Star Wars is the only one that has somewhat been dissapointing to me as of late...but I still, so far, have been enjoying their animation, live-action remake films (except the recent Dumbo, but the kids liked it and frankly that is the intended audience) and their Marvel stuff....

Edited by jvmacross

Sadly, no interest. Not no interest in a Star Wars series, but no interest in the character of Cassian. Why couldn't they have done a series about Wedge? Set it just after Ep 6 and tell the rebuilding of the Republic. That would be interesting.

• 4 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:44 AM, Knight26 said:

ROGUE SQUADRON SERIES.  What do we want?  A ROGUE SQUADRON SERIES!!!!

I'll qualify this with one caveat.. they have to do Wraith Squadron as well. 

I loved all the books, but always preferred Allston's brand of humor and drama to The Corran Horn Show. :p 

Edited by Chronocidal

8 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I'll qualify this with one caveat.. they have to do Wraith Squadron as well. 

I loved all the books, but always preferred Allston's brand of humor and drama to The Corran Horn Show. :p 

:lol:@ The Corran Horn Show, but you gotta admit he made for a solid character in the New Jedi Order and everything after that.  I, Jedi was also a really good read.

I have children so I'll be signing up for Disney+. 

When it comes to streaming services someone gave me the neat idea of just signing up on a streaming service for a month to binge whatever series that has your interest. I'll be doing that with HBO for Watchmen later this year.

Edited by TangledThorns

I'm honestly debating doing the same, just because the Disney service is going to have so much casual "I want to watch this old show again" material.

Netflix still has a fair set of those as well though, so I might wind up just shelling out for both.  I've only got Netflix at the moment, so it's not like I'm juggling streaming services yet.

I’m probably going to cancel Netflix as well. Just barely anything I watch on there. Only a couple of their “originals” I even like and most of the old network shows either aren’t there or are available elsewhere too. Their movie selection SUCKS too. They NEVER have what I’m looking for. 

Chris

1 hour ago, jenius said:

I have Spotify premium which includes Hulu so I only want one other streaming service. I have HBO right now but I'll cancel it when I finally slog through Game of Thrones.

Best of luck with Season 8. :lol:

And I'll add Disney + to the other streaming services I already subscribe to, no big deal.

-b.

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:29 AM, Smacky said:

:lol:@ The Corran Horn Show, but you gotta admit he made for a solid character in the New Jedi Order and everything after that.  I, Jedi was also a really good read.

I, Jedi worked so well because it was a better version of the Jedi Academy trilogy.  Yes, I went there.

1 hour ago, Knight26 said:

I, Jedi worked so well because it was a better version of the Jedi Academy trilogy.  Yes, I went there.

Yeah I remember really liking I, Jedi.

I always thought a good story about the First Jedi would be cool. Where they originated, how they were treated by people ect. Like was it on early spacefaring civilizations, where they treated like witches ect. Obliviously, different species and planets had their own origins of force users and at some point they organized into or at least what would become Jedi. I think that would be a great saga. The name “I, Jedi” would work so well with that too.

Chris

1 minute ago, peter said:

Need this in live action:

obi-wan-kenobi_star-wars_gallery_5c4d1b5

feature

star-wars-obi-wan-sideshow-figure-back.j

Yes, yes, and......YES!

for those that athink Obi-Wan hiding on Tatooine would be boring I would suggest the novel “Kenobi” by John Jackson Miller. It is one of the last expanded U novels written before the Disney purge. I think it would make a Fantastic template or even starting point for an Obiwan series or movie ect. I highly recommend it if anyone is interesting. The Audio book is really well done for those that like them.

Chris

3 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Yes, yes, and......YES!

for those that athink Obi-Wan hiding on Tatooine would be boring I would suggest the novel “Kenobi” by John Jackson Miller. It is one of the last expanded U novels written before the Disney purge. I think it would make a Fantastic template or even starting point for an Obiwan series or movie ect. I highly recommend it if anyone is interesting. The Audio book is really well done for those that like them.

Chris

I like that head sculpt, a good mix of McGreggor and Guinness.