Kickstarter: Megazone 23

I haven't posted in a while. But I think some might want to be aware of this news. The Mikimoto new art goal for the Megazone 23 Kickstarter is the next funding goal. However they have to reach the goal by the end of this month. I believe that's somewhere around $25,000 give or take since they just reached the $175,000 goal for the manga extra. Here is the post:

"Next Stretch Goal - Mikimoto Art!

The next stretch goal is at $200k, and if we make it, Mr. Mikimoto will create some new artwork for the packaging. However, due to scheduling constraints, we will have to reach this goal by the end of February in order to implement it. If we reach the $200k goal after that, we'll come up with an alternate add-on for the project."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/madoverlord/megazone-23-omega-edition/posts/2720088

It would be nice if Robert Woodhead just pushed it over the goal himself, regardless of the Kickstarter, if time runs out. But we'll see. Just an update to see if we can get some new Mikimoto artwork for this release.

• 7 months later...
8 hours ago, Shawn said:

Any updates on this?

Did I ever post some screengrabs from part 1 where the enemy is actually the Macross itself? Getting to old to remember  :)

jump to 49:30 ish

vs a VF-1

image.png.817f898af3d5a50dfb2d87fce13e5ec5.png

the macross itself!

image.png.755920e4a1038ce9b3b5f893fe80f4df.png

How have I missed that all these years.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was happy. In the mail I received three posters focused on Eve from each Megazone 23 part. And they were drawn by Kenichi Sonoda! And the posters were connecting like how Jim Lee draws his fold out covers. It was like Christmas. I couldn't wait to get them framed.

But then I woke up. It was a dream. And we didn't even get a new Mikimoto illustration for this project.