Sure, throw us money, we'll take it.... Why? Does any millennial even know about RH1 & 2? I didn't even know they made a 3rd...

21 minutes ago, TehPW said:

Sure, throw us money, we'll take it.... Why? Does any millennial even know about RH1 & 2? I didn't even know they made a 3rd...

What do millennials have to do with anything? Also, the first Rush Hour came out in 1998, so yeah, obviously we do. I had a two pack of the first two films on VHS. The third was entirely forgettable.

5 hours ago, Tking22 said:

What do millennials have to do with anything? Also, the first Rush Hour came out in 1998, so yeah, obviously we do. I had a two pack of the first two films on VHS. The third was entirely forgettable.

Lets see... Millennials are currently the demographic still in vogue, what Nielson ratings still care about, etc... when you say the words V-H-S, you already certify that you are a AARP card holder (and possibly qualify for Medicaid) as far demographics are concerned. :D anyway...

I suppose they are making this movie not because they Just want a paycheck but nostalgia? Remaking of decades old films is a thing...

Edited by TehPW

"Millennial," as used by Pew, covers anyone born between 1981 and 1996. But in general, it's used en masse by old people as a catch-all for all the damnable rapscallions and you young'uns get off my lawn!!!!! that had the temerity to be born after them.

Anyway, yeah, plenty of "millennials," however you define it, have seen and remember RH1 and 2. I'm actually reminded of just how frakking old I am, that I can barely remember them anymore...

Edited by kajnrig

5 hours ago, TehPW said:

Lets see... Millennials are currently the demographic still in vogue, what Nielson ratings still care about, etc... when you say the words V-H-S, you already certify that you are a AARP card holder (and possibly qualify for Medicaid) as far demographics are concerned. :D anyway...

12 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

"Millennial," as used by Pew, covers anyone born between 1981 and 1996. But in general, it's used en masse by old people as a catch-all for all the damnable rapscallions and you young'uns get off my lawn!!!!! that had the temerity to be born after them.

Anyway, yeah, plenty of "millennials," however you define it, have seen and remember RH1 and 2. I'm actually reminded of just how frakking old I am, that I can barely remember them anymore...

I guess I never actually looked up the years the term actually covers, I always thought the starting year was way after 81. Makes a bit more sense to me now, thanks for the quick clarification gents.

5 hours ago, TehPW said:

I suppose they are making this movie not because they Just want a paycheck but nostalgia? Remaking of decades old films is a thing...

Gotta be wary then, not many of those work out too tell. Look at Super Troopers 2, and Dumb and Dumber 2, etc. I have hopes for Bill and Ted's return but we'll see...