Super Gearwalk with lights

Andre Dutra

Hello guys!

I just started a new project. Gonna build the new super gerwalk adding lights to the wings and turbines.

also gonna try to make it like flying over water.

This is the first part. This conection parts was drilled to hold the wires.

keep you guys posted on the evolution.

C90AB172-840D-4B6F-AC60-B8587ECEDBDD.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

looking promising so far.

Goodluck with the build!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Andre Dutra said:

Too soon to tell, but model sets will probably be out of production. So buy while you can.

Will this really happen? Don't tell me these things because I'm a hoarder by nature! It'll whip up an unstoppable buying frenzy. I already have hundreds of kits. 

37 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

That is looking fantastic. Too often I see this type of dio and the lights at the feet aren't diffused enough nor... "voluminous", I guess... enough to look convincing. But this is both, and the result is, well, looking fantastic.

Thanks!! I used 3 micro smd leds on each foot with one resistor of 1.4 k. All connected to a 9v battery.

I still gonna add additional weapons, a missile firing and the super parts.

The whole model looks great, esp the water effect. The 'exhausts' from the packs on the otherhand, are the only things I don't like. Sorry.

They look more like an explosion effect, rather than an effect depicting an exhaust, and also something I don't recall seeing in the anime. In my personal opinion, I think the model would look just as great without them. And thinking about what's going on in the dio, the Valkyrie is in more of a hover rather than trying to go as fast as possible, so I would assume that the superpacks would be throttled back in this instance.

2 hours ago, Thom said:

The whole model looks great, esp the water effect. The 'exhausts' from the packs on the otherhand, are the only things I don't like. Sorry.

They look more like an explosion effect, rather than an effect depicting an exhaust, and also something I don't recall seeing in the anime. In my personal opinion, I think the model would look just as great without them. And thinking about what's going on in the dio, the Valkyrie is in more of a hover rather than trying to go as fast as possible, so I would assume that the superpacks would be throttled back in this instance.

Good point!! Later I’ll repaint it with with to clear it a lot, leaving just the back more dark.

I don’t recall any anime scene with super parts on earth. I just invented it ; )