Neo Grade kits

Bolt

The resin kit competition got me digging thru my kits and I came across this one. I bought it off a fellow MW’er a few years back. 

For some reason my photos aren’t uploading directly or even to my album, I’ve been trying since yesterday. So , until I can get pics up..:unknw:

It’s a Neo Grade 1/72 resin  VF-1 Armored conversion kit. I’m aware it doesn’t qualify for the competition, but it’s a good looking kit and I’m curious..

The box and the packaging looks legit, and my research has revealed it is (was?) a Korean outfit that mostly did Gundam conversions(There’s plenty utube vids on these) But, I couldn’t find a single Macross related item online from them. So I’m asking  if any of you know much about this outfit or this particular kit?

I’m also wondering if they were just high end recasts or original works. As I said, the whole package looks legit, that’s why I bought it, but I’m just not sure..

Any info much appreciated.

Cheers

B

I remember when this came out.

images.jpeg.6df333b3a6926e1d00e23249f21ae8e2.jpeg

This thread here covers what the thinking was  at the time:

It looks like they were a pretty esoteric  GK outfit going by the kits they released but I don't think they were recasters. I could be wrong though.

The other thing I remember is how quickly the kit was pirated. If the rest of their kits were hit that quickly it could explain why they disappeared. Unlike anything else pirated resin kits kills GK operators fast. 

Oh and as long as it is an original kit it's fine for the comp as it's in the spirit of things. 

Cheers,

Brett

That’s exactly the kit I’m talking about!

It’s acceptable for the comp? I assumed not as it’s a conversion kit..

Finally figures it out, here’s pics of the actual kit.large.C9BA73D4-8C5A-423A-B4EE-B7D9AD73F8E4.jpeg.3bc7b3b598f3a82480c9088da66bfe84.jpeglarge.928AE94B-568F-41E1-A27F-4F4F3A544752.jpeg.e1e44b67d45838b21ac418cb00c471bf.jpeglarge.025610F6-6CC5-4943-A50F-43B7E9ACBE0E.jpeg.d6a3a54148cdd339696b1779caf037ef.jpeg

Edited by Bolt

Wow that's the first time I have seen the packaging. They didn't muck around did they!

Yeah dude the BITComp is all about building stuff not nitpicking rules. So it's resin and macross so it's in. 

Mind you if it was just a replacement resin gunpod it would be a different story. But your GBP kit is pretty comprehensive.

Cheers,

Brett

Edited by Return To Kit Form

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice looking resin kit, and I'm looking forward to seeing it built!  Bolt, please post pictures of your entire Macross kit collection built/unbuilt when you have time to:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/44983-model-kit-collection-show-it-off/

:hi: