Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I got confused and thought there was already a thread for this, but it was just comments on the anime thread. I’ll just repeat what I said on that thread, that to me it’s like liquid television for a new generation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geez. They really need to control the language content. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I brought this up on the anime thread last week. Some quality stuff here. 

12 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Geez. They really need to control the language content. 

 

It’s billed as ADULT animation, so..

if anyone is pg-13 or less, STAY AWAY!!

in particular, I liked episodes lucky 13, Blue Zimma, Good Hunting, and Fish Show. The opening episode, Sonnie’s Edge gets an honorable mention!

10 hours ago, Big s said:

I got confused and thought there was already a thread for this, but it was just comments on the anime thread. I’ll just repeat what I said on that thread, that to me it’s like liquid television for a new generation. 

Totally! In fact, this whole project has been carried by the guys who wanted to bring back HEAVY METAL!

Not far from the mark..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched it, has it's moments but nothing I'd watch over & over again. Some have a Heavy Metal or Twilight Zone Vibe, I caught the Aliens reference right away. 

Absolutely NOT for kids for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bolt said:

I brought this up on the anime thread last week. Some quality stuff here. 

It’s billed as ADULT animation, so..

if anyone is pg-13 or less, STAY AWAY!!

I know it's an ADULT animation. And just so you know, even on a PG-13 movies, they already starting to use F*CK.

I'm in that point that where most of the language is getting too much. There's a lot of cussing. All I'm saying is that they should minimize it a little bit.

But then again, that's just me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoyed this too.

Can anyone say if what happens in "Helping Hand" is actually a possibility? Personally I would say it's a no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoyed it as well. Definitely not for kids as a whole, but a few episodes, like the Yogurt could be watched by anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, lechuck said:

Enjoyed this too.

Can anyone say if what happens in "Helping Hand" is actually a possibility? Personally I would say it's a no.

It seemed quite believable to me. 

Might have a lot to do with the technology of the suit..not to give too much away..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked it - some sections more than others. High points for me were Lucky 13 and Sonnie's Edge

Definitely with the Heavy Metal vibe big time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second season was greenlit last June. Expecting news on a release date soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to watch this but I don't want to get a Netflix account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2019 at 6:53 PM, Petrov27 said:

I liked it - some sections more than others. High points for me were Lucky 13 and Sonnie's Edge

Definitely with the Heavy Metal vibe big time 

Lucky 13 +1,000. Yes, the creative minds behind this series arguable have stacks (STACKS) of Heavy Metal magazine somewhere in their homes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

I'd like to watch this but I don't want to get a Netflix account.

watchcartoonsonline.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved it.

Zima Blue was my favorite because it had such a great message that I think most people (most people being unhappy) need to understand. That message being that all the trappings of what is considered contemporary success (lots of money, travel, power, possessions, fame, etc) may not be the building blocks of happiness. Maybe true happiness is the lack of those things. Or somewhere on the scale between them. IMO closer to the "lack of things" end of the spectrum is where happiness lies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

watchcartoonsonline.com

Is Yamato 2202 on there?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sqidd said:

Loved it.

Zima Blue was my favorite because it had such a great message that I think most people (most people being unhappy) need to understand. That message being that all the trappings of what is considered contemporary success (lots of money, travel, power, possessions, fame, etc) may not be the building blocks of happiness. Maybe true happiness is the lack of those things. Or somewhere on the scale between them. IMO closer to the "lack of things" end of the spectrum is where happiness lies.

Though initially the animation style on the people seemed a bit weird to me I would agree Zima Blue was a very good and epic segment that I now want to go back and re-watch a third time :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Petrov27 said:

Though initially the animation style on the people seemed a bit weird to me I would agree Zima Blue was a very good and epic segment that I now want to go back and re-watch a third time :)

 

It's a very stylized short . Quite distinguished from most of the others in the series. Of course, it could be argued, they all are..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, peter said:

Is Yamato 2202 on there?

 

Nope.

Binge watched up to ep 12 "Fish Night" today. Sonnie's Edge, When the Yogurt Took Over, Beyond the Aquila Rift, and Shape Shifters were all good, but the stand out to me was Good Hunting- beautifully animated with a great story. I could watch a whole series based on that episode alone. Looking forward to finishing the series and hopefully more seasons down the road. Great forum for filmmakers to create interesting sci-fi short films. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good hunting is one of my favorites. I also really liked lucky 13.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the episodes could make a good series or even a return in upcoming seasons. There were a couple of shows that started out as shorts on liquid television, so I guess it’s possible. Sometimes with these shorts the full series becomes more popular than the show it originated on, like Aeon Flux or even the Simpsons. Almost no one remembers the Tracy Ulman show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big s said:

Sometimes with these shorts the full series becomes more popular than the show it originated on, like Aeon Flux or even the Simpsons. Almost no one remembers the Tracy Ulman show.

I was there man..:ph34r:

 

4 hours ago, Guyffon said:

I found beyond the aquila rift quite memorable 

Spooky $hi+ man..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The twist in Sonnie's Edge was pretty cool, too. I didn't see it coming, but I enjoyed it.

Aquila Rift was cool. I had a feeling it was going to be something like that. Memory wipe please.

Fish Night ended so abruptly; I expected there to be more- 

Spoiler

maybe he escapes having just lost an arm or something, or he falls out of the spirit realm in time to save his life, but no. He's now spirit shark poop. :p

The vampire ep and the werewolf ep were similarly themed, but I think the werewolf one had a cooler approach to using the creatures in the narrative. Enjoyed it.

I get the sense that Helping Hand was a middle finger to Gravity. That girl was determined. Nice use of physics.

 

Edited by M'Kyuun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved this “series”. Dark, weird, and perfect in length for my ADD. Can’t wait for season 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Likewise. I finished it off last night. Lucky 13 struck a chord with me (I'm a retired AF aircraft mechanic), and Zima Blue was just a great story, and I liked the animation style. I may have to check out more of Alastair Reynolds' writings, as both Zima Blue and Beyond the Aquila Rift are based on his short stories, and both were standouts in this series, IMHO. I hope there's at least another season or two of these. Their short viewing time makes them a great time filler, and also easy to binge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Highly recommended this series too, binged it a few months ago. Some of the episodes had some remarkable moments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...