4 hours ago, Tking22 said:

My favorite episode was about the crustacean, yikes, that crap was scary! They had me fooled on the captain too, he seemed malicious, turns out he was the only half-way decent dude on the ship!

I loved how he would strategically get rid of his obstacles 

Gotta agree with the consensus that S3 is better than 2. S1 is still the best. But 3 had some great standouts, most of which have already been mentioned.

The prod values of the Crustacean ep were amazing- all those shadows, the textures, not to mention the writing; very clever in dialog and execution. That one sticks with me the most.

The mini-zombie apoc was glorious. Got some good laughs from it.

The rat infestation one was cool, but the ending rendered the whole exercise pointless. Still a fun ep, though.  Love the gratuitous gore in some of these eps. And yeah, the dialog in the one with all the soldiers was pure gold- good story, too.

What was missing was stuff on the level of Zima Blue, Good Hunting, and Lucky 13.  All three set a pretty high benchmark for storytelling that the subsequent seasons never quite achieved, IMHO. They could turn Good Hunting into a regular series- I'd be all over it.

45 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

Gotta agree with the consensus that S3 is better than 2. S1 is still the best. But 3 had some great standouts, most of which have already been mentioned.

The prod values of the Crustacean ep were amazing- all those shadows, the textures, not to mention the writing; very clever in dialog and execution. That one sticks with me the most.

The mini-zombie apoc was glorious. Got some good laughs from it.

The rat infestation one was cool, but the ending rendered the whole exercise pointless. Still a fun ep, though.  Love the gratuitous gore in some of these eps. And yeah, the dialog in the one with all the soldiers was pure gold- good story, too.

What was missing was stuff on the level of Zima Blue, Good Hunting, and Lucky 13.  All three set a pretty high benchmark for storytelling that the subsequent seasons never quite achieved, IMHO. They could turn Good Hunting into a regular series- I'd be all over it.

Those were the three I really liked. Although, I actually like the ending of the one with the rats. I kinda felt the farmer was becoming more dissatisfied with the equipment and on top of that was starting to realize the rats were evolving to be more like himself.

13 hours ago, Big s said:

Those were the three I really liked. Although, I actually like the ending of the one with the rats. I kinda felt the farmer was becoming more dissatisfied with the equipment and on top of that was starting to realize the rats were evolving to be more like himself.

I didn't see it that way, initially, but that's a good observation. He blasted the machine himself, so yeah. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Finally got to watch the entire series...

For me the creepiest episodes were Beyond the Aquila Rift and Swarm....

The majority of these shorts were better than most full-length sci-fi movies these days...;)

It’s definitely more good than bad. This show definitely needs more episodes. There may be a few stories that don’t work, but for the ones that do, they really work well. Even with the ones that don’t work, it’s not like they take a big chunk out of your life unlike the Obi show that almost four hours in and still hasn’t had a good episode 

4 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

My wife doesn't carte for this series but I had her watch JIBARO as she used to teach dance so she really liked this episode and its exceptional and realistic quality in animation.

My girlfriend likes the stories and animation but finds most episodes to be a bit too violent at times. I like the excess myself, Death is right in the title!

2 hours ago, Tking22 said:

My girlfriend likes the stories and animation but finds most episodes to be a bit too violent at times. I like the excess myself, Death is right in the title!

Now that I think of it, there was a lot of death and robots, but only a little love. Definitely some obsession, maybe even lust, but not a lot of love