I need help with the Bandai vf-25f kit

Gatsu

Hello guys i need somebody help me with this model kit which i am preliminarly building. I m correcting all joints wich are too stiff impeding a correct transformation, but there is a point in the booklet i really can t understand. I prepared an image i hope you ll have no trouble to understand:  basically you can see the leg with and without the armor. the pivots were the action is are highlighted with a red and a blue circlle. As you can see in the first image on the left the lower part of the gerwalk articulation (we say the thigh) stay higher, in the second image it looks like the thigh  has rotated a bit down around the blue pivot (in the fourth image you can see how it looks internally). Now THE POINT IS that is not possible rotationg the thigh down around the blue pivot because the higher gerwalk part impedes it, the only way to move down the thigh would be rotating around the red pivot BUT this would bend the leg and the two part of the leg i highlighted in green and purple would not stay alligned anymore, more oor less like it happens in the vf-1 super valkyrie legs. But in the image in the bookllet the 2 parts are alligned!!! Is this a mistake by Bandai? Does this mean this model kit can not be transformed properly in fighter mode? I'd like to have the opinion of WM Cheng which i ll contact privately anyway.

I'm also going to find a way to make the groin armor part be removable without disassembling the whole valkyrie part... any suggestion from users who already dealt with this model kit is welcome.

SCHEMA.jpg

Edited by Gatsu

I think that's how it's supposed to be, like the VF-1 super legs. The 3rd is without the supers parts and from the VF-25 instructions. The 2nd is from the Super parts instructions after you adjust the legs to match the pic.

Also, my understanding is you have to it is recommended to start with an unbuilt VF-25 kit as you have to use some of the super parts in place of some of the regular parts.

Edited by wmkjr
Added more info

On 3/23/2019 at 1:17 AM, wmkjr said:

I think that's how it's supposed to be, like the VF-1 super legs. The 3rd is without the supers parts and from the VF-25 instructions. The 2nd is from the Super parts instructions after you adjust the legs to match the pic.

Also, my understanding is you have to it is recommended to start with an unbuilt VF-25 kit as you have to use some of the super parts in place of some of the regular parts.

So are you basically saying the image in the bandai booklet is wrong?

P.S. Most of the parts can be disassembled and substituted even with the completed model. The only part wich can not be changed is the groin and i m trying to figure out a way to modify it using magnets

I can look at mine, Gatsu.  I've also got my old build HERE and a few pics of the leg being built are strewn throughout the 10 pages of the journal but there's not a lot to show how it's oriented.  The final pics are on the last page, HERE.

By the way, that build was probably where I made the most new friends and contacts on this forum.  A build log is great that way!

Hey Gatsu,

Sorry with March Break vacation, my new job and running a basement renovation in my home, I don't have very much time with my hobbies anymore. 

I'll look at my model when I get home, I think its currently in fighter form so I can snap a picture of the thigh to see if its aligned or not.  My guess is that it isn't and its like the old VF-1 where the green part is slightly rotated downward from the purple intake part.

I certainly don't remember much of that build, especially the details - the only thing I got out of it was that I never want to build another one of these model kits again - it was so unpleasant and frustrating.

23 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Hey Gatsu,

Sorry with March Break vacation, my new job and running a basement renovation in my home, I don't have very much time with my hobbies anymore. 

I'll look at my model when I get home, I think its currently in fighter form so I can snap a picture of the thigh to see if its aligned or not.  My guess is that it isn't and its like the old VF-1 where the green part is slightly rotated downward from the purple intake part.

I certainly don't remember much of that build, especially the details - the only thing I got out of it was that I never want to build another one of these model kits again - it was so unpleasant and frustrating.

Yes, this model kit is really complexe, it took 15 days for me for completing just the preliminary assembling to point out what to modify and understand how it works. I noticed that there are a lot of joint which are too stiff and need to be softed to avoid the risk of breaking something while handling it. But i also noticed that all the problems you had about the gaps in the chest plate and the legs are due to the fact that (as there are no locking mechanisms in articulations like in toys) the arms and legs must be closed at the right angle and in the right position, possibly some joints must be softed (exept the knees which must remain stiff enough to sustain the legs weight in fighter). When all this is accomplished properly there are a minimum amount of gaps (wich obviously can not be avoided enterely) but there is no need at all of magnets like you did. I thought that the vf-1 was complexe but this vf-25 is on another level (and it s even 5 years older ) and this makes me wonder what Bandai could have done on the VF-1 if they had put a decent amount of professionalism on developing it...

I made the Luca RVF-25 kit, and the VF-27 Brera kit (which is quite similar.

Both are actually pretty well engineered, and transform nicely (the exception being locking the intakes and legs in for VF-27 Gerwalk). Might be the armor pack that's causing a lot of the issues, I find Luca tabs in pretty nicely all around.

The transforming VF-31 and SV-262 models however are much better.

On 3/26/2019 at 4:17 PM, wm cheng said:

Hey Gatsu,

Any new?