Post Skywalker Saga Star Wars Movies and Projects

Topic will be automatically unlocked at 07:00 AM

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 12:37 PM, jvmacross said:

I say absolutely NO to rebooting the OT...but YES to more stories before, in-between, and after the events in those films.....I think using these actors would be a great decision from Lucasfilm...

Totally agree. Fill in the era post RoTJ and redo the sequel trilogy while they're at it.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Bolt said:

I know this is the Disney +series thread, but...rumor has it the next Star Wars Movie has begun production..

Has rumor said what it's reportedly about?  I can't imagine anyone wants to see a post-sequel-trilogy story.

49 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Has rumor said what it's reportedly about?  I can't imagine anyone wants to see a post-sequel-trilogy story.

Nope. But I'm hoping it's the movie being done by Taika Waititi . He seems to have a good track record, thus far. 
We know Jude Law along with (at this time, unnamed )kid actors will be staring in Skeleton Crew, coming in 2023. There's also no story leaks on that one, yet. That I'm aware of. But , I'm guessing, with a bunch of kids alongside Law, it's going to be a bit fluffy.

I have a strong feeling, they're gonna stay a Galaxy far , far away from the trilogy..

Edited by Bolt

• 4 months later...

Except for Filoni, I'm not putting too much stock in any director as their projects may not see a green light, given the past few years. And even Filoni's projects might not see the light of day. *places in wait-&-see pile*

And why Rey? 🙄 3 movies did not make me like the Mary Sue...why keep trying?

8 minutes ago, azrael said:

Except for Filoni, I'm not putting too much stock in any director as their projects may not see a green light, given the past few years. And even Filoni's projects might not see the light of day. *places in wait-&-see pile*

And why Rey? 🙄 3 movies did not make me like the Mary Sue...why keep trying?

Ya, I agree with all that too.

Rumor is Rey will rebuild the Jedi order. So it took a whole failed trilogy to do what Luke was supposed to do..?

5 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Ya, I agree with all that too.

Rumor is Rey will rebuild the Jedi order. So it took a whole failed trilogy to do what Luke was supposed to do..?

It made what, $5 billion dollars combined? And then add in merchandise and the rest. Yeah, definitely not failed, whether you like the movies or not.

Edited by Duke Togo

So, who’s supposed to be the big bad then?

Given all the baggage with the character and that time period, sometimes you just gotta let things rest.

But the Mouse gotta fill up its streaming content, and get that return on investment.

2 minutes ago, Mog said:

So, who’s supposed to be the big bad then?

Given all the baggage with the character and that time period, sometimes you just gotta let things rest.

But the Mouse gotta fill up its streaming content, and get that return on investment.

I guess Palpatine will be the big bad. Somehow he returned…

…again.

• sh9000 changed the title to Star Wars: Skeleton Crew - Disney +
33 minutes ago, Duke Togo said:

It made what, $5 billion dollars combined? And then add in merchandise and the rest. Yeah, definitely not failed, whether you like the movies or not.

The Sw license is a money printing machine. Obviously. Except for Solo :wacko: Regardless how awful the content. The sole basis for success is $$$ mentally is very self gratifying for these producers, directors and writers. It's also what's wrong with SW these days.. 

Edited by Bolt

To paraphrase an old pro-wrestling quote, Disney is a billionaire that could be a trillionaire.

But they need to invest more in tightening the stories.

If only episode 7 had been a condensed season 1&2 of the Mandalorian. I guess the fans would have been super angry that all the regulars weren't shoe-horned in and that Luke only appeared in the finale... but still, it would have made a lot more sense and been better universe building!

I don’t have much hope for the Rey movie. I actually like the character despite being in some not so good movies, but then the person in charge of it didn’t seem to have a great resume. Ms Marvel was kind of a let down and could have been good in better hands , same as the sequels. I get the feeling that Disney doesn’t know how to learn from their mistakes 

Rey wasn't a bad character (at first) in my opinion, but it ended with her defeating Sith Satan with her own god like force powers. Where's the challenge for her in a sequel?