So, they may have actually delivered on this last ep.

Building on stuff that happened in the actual show, rather than relying on folks knowing the original comic stories.

The question is whether they’ll actually stick with what happened.

Spoiler

Got shades of the Orchis massacre with this ep.  And nice to see Gambit go out like a boss.  

But again, let’s see if the deaths actually stick.

This episode was one that’s tough to talk about without a spoiler tag

Spoiler

A bit heavy on the awkward drama and this show seems to really like dancy scenes a bit too much. Other than that the action was pretty top notch and it’s nice to see the Sentinels as an actual major threat rather than the easy kills that they’ve been in the past. Personally I’m hoping that Gambit pulls through since he was my favorite of that early 90’s team. But that definitely was a badass way to handle things and Awsome final possible words “The name’s Gambit mon ami…Remember it”

10 hours ago, Mog said:

The question is whether they’ll actually stick with what happened.

Well after a rewatch, since overall it was still a pretty good episode compared to the last one

Spoiler

Cable was there for a reason. I have a feeling that there is probably gonna be some time travel shenanigans to change what happened. I doubt he was there just to say hi to mommy 

1 hour ago, Jeff J said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm torn. Either Gambit is resurrected, which would kill the stakes, or he would stay dead, which stinks. I appreciate that the end of this episode had me fully engaged.

I know what you mean

Spoiler

He’s my favorite of that era of X-Men and honestly is my favorite on the show. I don’t like Wolverine much in the 97 series since he always sounds like he needs a nap, so I guess Cyclops would be my favorite character now. If things got reversed by Cable I’d definitely be happy to get Gambit back, but also a little disappointed that all that destruction could just be wiped away by a gimmick.

Seeing Gladiator serving Deathbird got me interested right away since last we saw Deathbird, her coup to take the throne from Lilandra failed.

EDIT: This takes me back to the height of Game of Thrones, but first thing I see when I go to YouTube was a video with a spoiler for today's episode in the title. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Jeff J

1 hour ago, Jeff J said:

Seeing Gladiator serving Deathbird got me interested right away since last we saw Deathbird, her coup to take the throne from Lilandra failed.

EDIT: This takes me back to the height of Game of Thrones, but first thing I see when I go to YouTube was a video with a spoiler for today's episode in the title. 🤦‍♂️

It’s best to avoid any social media with these shows like this until you’re caught up. It’s unfortunate that people will try and spoil things in the teaser box making it tougher to avoid 

Finished the most recent episode of X-Men 97 and it was an odd mix of good animation, meh animation, good action and an bunch of cringy moments.

Spoiler

At least they finally got back to showing the Professor. I still think it’s weird that there’s a guy in jail for his murder and a will for a guy that everyone knew was still alive. The whole classroom thing was the silliest bit of cringe though. Do those people even understand the whole Apple thing.

Storm got her powers back in an odd fight against tight spaces and if anyone remembers her from the old episodes, she doesn’t like boxes. Oddly her nightmare was animated really well. But on another bit of odd cringe she somehow gained the power to make a new costume in mid air, and change her hairdo. So now her powers allow her to control weather, be a hairdresser and tailor all at once. I kinda get the feeling that the animators really liked Sailor Moon. At least Storm might not be afraid of tight spaces anymore, because that was an annoying weakness.