So, Wanda’s

Spoiler

NOT super-cray-cray.  Just sad as hell and unintentionally using her powers.

I get using the oddball narrative of sitcoms to tell the story.  But wish these reveals had happened earlier.

Marvel came dangerously close to making Wanda an unsympathetic turd.

Also, 

:p

1 hour ago, Dynaman said:

I kinda wish I had waited to binge the whole thing - I don't want to wait a week for the next episode!

I love how this series dangles its carrots and keeps things moving.

Added to which, this episode has some choice moments. Subtle points were brought to light, and nothing about what was revealed felt out of place or preachy (to me). It has me going back and rewatching earlier episodes too. Well done. ^_^

I really like the motivational reveals for the characters in this last episode and hopefully we get more of it before the end. 

Is this show a one season thing or is it meant to be ongoing? Aside from the really bad first few episodes, it’s become a fun thing to watch and just as fun to watch some of the YouTube breakdowns of all the odd little details 

8 hours ago, Big s said:

I really like the motivational reveals for the characters in this last episode and hopefully we get more of it before the end. 

Is this show a one season thing or is it meant to be ongoing? Aside from the really bad first few episodes, it’s become a fun thing to watch and just as fun to watch some of the YouTube breakdowns of all the odd little details 

It's a one and done series. After this it leads in to the rest of phase 4. Not to say the Disney won't do other MCU series. They have plenty in the pipeline already.

1 hour ago, Focslain said:

It's a one and done series. After this it leads in to the rest of phase 4.

More specifically, this show is supposed to lead into Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which is, as the title suggests, deals with the Marvel multiverse. Ms. Olsen has been casted into that movie so take what you will of that tidbit.

Welp, that was a middling ending.

Just set-up for future stories, but didn’t really resolve this actual story soundly.

Feels kinda like Age of Ultron where the movie itself was weak, because it has to serve all sorts of different masters to get characters to where they need to be for their own individual movies.

Spoiler

I mean Monica’s story was nicely told and sets her up for a space adventure with Nick Fury, the Skrulls, and possibly Captain Marvel.

We get Vision the White with his memories returned, which was kind of a cool “fight.”  Though, gotta wonder why Westview Vision didn’t mention that whole situation to Wanda later.

But Wanda’s resolution kinda falls flat.  Yay, she collapsed the spell and frees everyone and willingly leaves her fantasy family!  BUT she still mind-frakked all those bystanders massively.  There’s gotta be a penance for that.

Also, kinda dumb of her to be messing with that not-the-Darkhold book.  Should have just gone straight to Dr. Strange to get some help.

And frak the MCU for not just using the Darkhold book design from Agents of SHIELD.  That thing had a cool design that looks better than this cookie-cutter “Book of EVIL111!!!!” design.

I feel like I need to watch Netflix Daredevil (again) to see how good Marvel Hero TV shows are done right.

It ended rather predictably, but not bad. I think they could have done a better wrap up about the bystanders, Bohner and the guy that snuck in through the sewers and Darcy. Maybe they should have cut back a little on the fighting and added a bit more to the closure 

Caught up with the last two episodes of WandaVision...

Spoiler

A bitter-sweet ending there. Yes, it was all Wanda, caught up in her grief and loneliness and just trying to make things better for herself, as well as Westview to judge by how the place is without her powers covering it up. She just convinced herself that everyone was better off playing in the sitcom of her life. In the end though, she did decide to end it and free Westview, even at the expense of her family. No, they weren't really real, but in all the ways that mattered, they were to her.

I liked her ending fight with Harkness, distracting her while she set the runes up, with a nice bit of punishment at the end! And the last scene with her at the cabin, in two places at once as she was going through the spellbook. We did hear her kids at the very end there, didn't we..?

And we got Vision back! I was hoping both versions could meld into one, but that's just me hoping for too happy of an ending I guess. Interested to see how they go forward with this new version of him, and using the Theory of Theseus to explain what has happened to him. I hope he and Wanda can get back together. And that Wanda stays good. I don't know the story of Scarlet Witch in the comics, but I'm hoping they don't turn her into the next big bad.

46 minutes ago, Thom said:

Hide contents

A bitter-sweet ending there. Yes, it was all Wanda, caught up in her grief and loneliness and just trying to make things better for herself, as well as Westview to judge by how the place is without her powers covering it up. She just convinced herself that everyone was better off playing in the sitcom of her life.

Spoiler

I did like the flashback episode, because it cleared up that Wanda didn’t go to SWORD to revive Vision; she just wanted to bury him.  

And I did like Westview Vision using logic to reason with Vision the White.

BUT I take serious issue with your reasoning quoted above:  what right does Wanda have to impose her will on those people?  Is living in her fantasy world, forced to play the role SHE thinks is best for them (at least subconsciously), really “better” for the citizens of Westview?

Just because they may look unhappy to her doesn’t mean those people actually are unhappy.

And the last scene seems to imply she didn’t learn a damn thing, tinkering with a book of dark spells, possibly worrying about her imaginary kids.  That’s not grief, that’s borderline obsession.

She needs some sort of comeuppance.  Even Tony Stark eventually had to eat the consequences of Sokovia and making Ultron, especially during Civil War.

7 hours ago, Mog said:
  Hide contents

I did like the flashback episode, because it cleared up that Wanda didn’t go to SWORD to revive Vision; she just wanted to bury him.  

And I did like Westview Vision using logic to reason with Vision the White.

BUT I take serious issue with your reasoning quoted above:  what right does Wanda have to impose her will on those people?  Is living in her fantasy world, forced to play the role SHE thinks is best for them (at least subconsciously), really “better” for the citizens of Westview?

Just because they may look unhappy to her doesn’t mean those people actually are unhappy.

And the last scene seems to imply she didn’t learn a damn thing, tinkering with a book of dark spells, possibly worrying about her imaginary kids.  That’s not grief, that’s borderline obsession.

She needs some sort of comeuppance.  Even Tony Stark eventually had to eat the consequences of Sokovia and making Ultron, especially during Civil War.

What I meant by this...

Yes, it was all Wanda, caught up in her grief and loneliness and just trying to make things better for herself, as well as Westview to judge by how the place is without her powers covering it up. She just convinced herself that everyone was better off playing in the sitcom of her life. In the end though, she did decide to end it and free Westview, even at the expense of her family. No, they weren't really real, but in all the ways that mattered, they were to her.

...was definitely not

Spoiler

that what she did was better for them, but what she thought was better for them. She took a drive through a dying town, saw its citizens just living evermore aimless lives as the town dried up, and decided she could do better for them even as she 'helping' herself. She thought wrongly, as she certainly saw when they started confronting her at the end.

It is interesting to note that, without Harness, Wanda would be the real villain in the whole thing. But I think Harkness actually helped Wanda in the long run, forcing her to face her past and her recent decisions, after which, she took down the wall, sacrificing the family she created for the better good.

As to the book of spells, I'm hoping she was just trying to learn about her abilities, seeing as she was doing so much just by feel and force of will. If she'd known all of her abilities, perhaps the entire thing wouldn't have happened and certainly Harkness wouldn't have been as much of a threat as she was.

Edited by Thom