So basically,

Spoiler

Wanda went cray-cray.

- Kinda dumb that the head SWORD guy flipped completely to a “bad guy.”

- But I’m hoping there’s some sort of over-arcing theme here about loneliness and loss at the end of all this.

Because I’m getting pretty close to losing any sort of sympathy for Wanda at this point.  I know the character suffered a ton of losses, but mind-frakking an entire town, including kids, is not what I’d call heroic.

5 hours ago, Mog said:

So basically,

Hide contents

Wanda went cray-cray.

- But I’m hoping there’s some sort of over-arcing theme here about loneliness and loss at the end of all this.

Because I’m getting pretty close to losing any sort of sympathy for Wanda at this point.  I know the character suffered a ton of losses, but mind-frakking an entire town, including kids, is not what I’d call heroic.

Not much of a spoiler, but there is a prevailing theory that by the end of this Wanda is going to be the new big bad for the current phase. 

So your feeling is justified to an extent if this is true.

11 hours ago, Mog said:

So basically,

Hide contents

Wanda went cray-cray.

We're doing a version of thee House of M storyline don't ya know...

33 minutes ago, azrael said:

We're doing a version of thee House of M storyline don't ya know...

Yeah. . . badly.

I wonder if WandaVision and Falcon/Winter Soldier switched release dates.  Falcon/Winter Soldier looks to be more in line with most Marvel fare (like a good killer opening song in an album).

While, WandaVision feels like that trippy concept album that not everyone is gonna “get” or “like.”

I wanna enjoy WandaVision, but it’s just not clicking. . . And I doubt they have a killer surprise like Hydra hiding in the midst of SHIELD.

EDIT:  In fairness, I did enjoy the homages to the comic book costumes.

Edited by Mog

22 minutes ago, Mog said:

EDIT:  In fairness, I did enjoy the homages to the comic book costumes.

Ms. Olson apparently fought for that. And since we're doing the infamous sitcom Halloween-episode, it fits right in.

Spoiler

I wonder...how much strength is it taking to generate that reality altered hex..agon.

2 hours ago, Dynaman said:

This show is making me want to go back and watch some of the movies.  To me it is excellent, great pacing and a steady build up of the characters.  That plus making fun of the sitcoms from the fifties through the nineties (so far) is very welcome.

I've been enjoying it too. All the world building with the episode-long sitcoms seems to fit quite well, in hindsight.

Spoiler

And then there's all the glitches in Wanda's magic matrix. The moments of subtlety with the environment and her neighbors, and the outright breaks of her subconscious to try to reconnect to the reality of past events (those she loved who are now gone). It's been very cool seeing how Vision can navigate all of it independently, even though he lacks his complete set of memories from before. Not sure what's going to happen with all that now that he's tried to venture back to reality. 

It will be neat to see how this fits together with the new Marvel superhero story arc. My only criticism is that I wish the new episodes were 10-15 minutes longer to iron out a few story/character points. 

Edited by technoblue

They could have started bringing the mystery in a few episodes earlier, but overall I've been enjoying this. The switch between comedic sit-com homage and tense moments of clarity and drama are well done. I really wish it was streamed all at once, but then it would be over too soon! One episode a week is killing me!

Spoiler

Watching Woo kick ass was great! And I guess Monica is going to be gaining her powers by traveling across the barrier one too many times.

And interesting that Wanda doesn't recall how it all started, just this deep nothing/emptiness, though that doesn't explain why she's keeping it up. Those people are being put through hell. Still, I really hope they aren't setting Wanda up as a bad-guy. Or turning her back into a bad guy.

4 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Did she just give out a spoiler about who is making an appearance on Wandavision?....I have not watched the current episode....;)

Me too. Besides she was just explaining the comic origins. So who knows? I just find her video cute. ;)

Bumping Wanda for a moment, as I saw on Twitter that a live action Big Hero 6 is in the works in some form or fashion. I saw some folks speculating that it'll be part of the MCU, which will be a notable departure from the look and feel of the Disney movie, but more in keeping with its comic roots. The Disney film was my introduction to that universe, so I'm a bit biased towards it, and wouldn't mind seeing it done in live action (hopefully with a an actor of Japanese descent in the lead role). However, if they do go the MCU route, I'm curious how they'll work BH6 characters in there. 

22 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm going to skip this week's episode. Will watch it back to back with next week's episode for a better experience. ;)

I was doing that at first. But to do it now, I'd have to skip two weeks since I just watched ep7! Oh, me and my lack of self-control!:lol: