Okay, that’s better.

But

Spoiler

Can we get a better explanation about SWORD?  Surprised not one character made a SHIELD throwaway line or asked what exactly SWORD does. 

It’s nice to catch up with the lesser-known folks.  But hopefully, they reveal what exactly triggered Wanda to go cray-cray.  

Seems we got the “real story” now, so hopefully we don’t fall completely back to sitcom land.

Yeah, they just haven’t given them an in-universe MCU explanation yet.

When most weird ish happened on Earth, it was SHIELD that did the work.

Again, a throwaway line (“After the fall of SHIELD . . .” or “During the blip, we took over a lot of SHIELD’s work”) or some more background info about the agency 

Spoiler

other than Captain Marvel’s friend/Monica’s mom being the director of SWORD

would have helped make the introduction smoother.

Yeah this was a solid episode, we certainly got some answers to a few things, the timeline is pretty locked down as well now. Also, it was really cool to see two MCU side characters brought back into things. 

Spoiler

The gorgeous Kat Dennings is back from Thor 1 and 2, and she even got her doctorate like she said she would! Randall Parks FBI agent from Ant-Man returned as well, and hilarious enough, he seemed to have picked up some close up magic like he said he would, nice touch.

As far as what I think is going on overall, I'm firmly in one camp.

Spoiler

Mephisto. Wanda made a deal with the devil. Also, poor Vis, seeing his lifeless husk sitting there, post Endgame with his head still torn open, was pretty brutal. Yeah, he's definitely still dead.

I still think

Spoiler

Wanda went cray-cray.  She’s already lost her parents, her twin bro died, and she had to kill Vis’ (Yeah, Thanos time-nerfed her and killed Vis’ himself, but still).

After celebrating Endgame, she’s probably picking up the pieces.

I did enjoy Randall’s deadpan humor.  The chip scene brought a smirk to my face.

The main thing convincing myself and others about my theory above got another little clue in this episode.

Spoiler

We saw SWORD matching real identities to the people in Westview, but one character stood out from the rest. Geraldine. Geraldine didn't have a real world identity, and some of her word play with Wanda is pretty oddly specific, mainly from a previous episode. The Devil is in the details. I think she's Mephisto. Probably a stretch but we'll see, as I mentioned, we didn't see her real identity on the wall with the others, so who knows.

I thought Geraldine is

Spoiler

Monica Rambeau:  Agent of SWORD, daughter of Captain Marvel’s best friend, and “Captain Troublemaker.”

I don’t think Mephisto would allow all the little chinks/glitches to pass through Wanda’s world.  Devil’s in the details, and I doubt he’d allow so many holes to break into Wanda’s false realty.

I could see it being Dormammu, wanting to get payback on Earth.  But the lack of finesse doesn’t seem like Mephisto’s style.

2 hours ago, Mog said:

I thought Geraldine is

Hide contents

Monica Rambeau:  Agent of SWORD, daughter of Captain Marvel’s best friend, and “Captain Troublemaker.”

I don’t think Mephisto would allow all the little chinks/glitches to pass through Wanda’s world.  Devil’s in the details, and I doubt he’d allow so many holes to break into Wanda’s false realty.

I could see it being Dormammu, wanting to get payback on Earth.  But the lack of finesse doesn’t seem like Mephisto’s style.

I'm pretty sure Wanda is doing it herself, her (movie) powers came from the mind stone, and I'm pretty sure it's consistent with the comics to have her able to manipulate the minds of those around her to alter reality to suit her desires.

1 hour ago, levzloi said:

I'm pretty sure Wanda is doing it herself, her (movie) powers came from the mind stone, and I'm pretty sure it's consistent with the comics to have her able to manipulate the minds of those around her to alter reality to suit her desires.

Except she hasn’t wiped out mutants and got away with it yet.

Well technically, there are no mutants in the MCU. . . yet.

The closest we got was the Inhumans.  But that series was DOA.  And the Mouse is pretty much pretending like anything that happened in SHIELD and the Netflix shows never happened.

40 minutes ago, Mog said:

Well technically, there are no mutants in the MCU. . . yet.

The closest we got was the Inhumans.  But that series was DOA.  And the Mouse is pretty much pretending like anything that happened in SHIELD and the Netflix shows never happened.

Also maybe attempt to do it in comic hasn't gone well.

Gassing people, keeping slaves, and caste system that would make Tau blush.

Are you sure they're supposed to be good guys.

Even Games Workshop did better on Tau.

Edited by roboemo

6 hours ago, Mog said:

I thought Geraldine is

Reveal hidden contents

Woops yeah, not Geraldine, I meant the neighbor lady, the one that provided the meals for their dinner with Vision's boss. Geraldine is indeed Monica, my bad.

So this episode firmly establishes...

Spoiler

...that Wanda is complete control of this reality. Whether this reality was created for Wanda or Wanda lost her marbles, Wanda is the controlling force in this "sitcom"-reality. This reality is for her and in turn, she is the one writing the story.

"Life could be perfect when it's made just for you."

Finally a good episode. I was about to give up, but I’m glad I stuck in there. I just hope they don’t fall back into full sitcom episodes again. I don’t mind if there’s a bit of the sitcom thing, but they better not devote any more full episodes to it.

Have to say, I've been liking it from the start. Just seeing Wanda and Vision interacting together was entertaining, but this last episode really kicked it up. I don't watch any of the trailer or BTS clips, so I was nicely surprised when Monica AKA 'Photon' showed up, as well as Woo and his new card-trick skills, and Darcy Lewis! Love it!

Spoiler

And it is certainly clear now that Wanda is fully aware of what it happening. The first few times she reset the 'reality' I might have thought it was triggered unconsciously when something happened that she didn't like, but not anymore. Sad to say, it looks like she went a little ways past the deep end.

I'm till hoping though that there is another entity involved, whether helpful or not, and that somehow Vision comes out of this alive. Somehow Wanda ended up there and in that situation and I'd like to find out how.

Also, interesting that Monica got 'snapped' and that she is one of the returned. Thought that was a nice touch, though sad to hear about her mother. Would have liked to have had more of her in other than a prequel or flashback.

And I think that calling it the 'Blip' is stupid. I got so used to people in on-line forums calling it the Snap that I'm prejudiced... Oh well.

I’ve been having the same problem coming to terms with that phenomenon being referred to as the blip rather than the snap. I still find myself saying the snap and have yet to call it the blip. I guess I’ll have to learn kinda like with the whole Grogu and baby Yoda thing, but it’s gonna take some time 

56 minutes ago, Big s said:

I’ve been having the same problem coming to terms with that phenomenon being referred to as the blip rather than the snap. I still find myself saying the snap and have yet to call it the blip. I guess I’ll have to learn kinda like with the whole Grogu and baby Yoda thing, but it’s gonna take some time 

Always thought in universe Thanos wiping out 1/2 the universe was the "snap", and the return was the "blip". If not, that's my head-cannon.

-b.

On 2/5/2021 at 5:13 PM, azrael said:

Ironic ain’t it. 

Reveal hidden contents

Last time we saw this version of Pietro was in the 80s. And here he shows up in the 80s sitcom in typical 80s sitcom surprise moment. :D

Dude, that is seriously meta, didn't see that.