• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • sh9000 changed the title to Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Tking22 said:

A teaser the day after I read WB has zero faith in this movie and are already fully committed to another massive loss, bummer. 

WB has resigned itself, rightfully so given their track record for more than a year, to the fact that AatLK is the last in the line of a cinematic dead end, to a hackneyed theatrical foray of an IP that never truly found its voice, at a time when the very genre is on the verge of dying due to over-saturation and poor, to complete garbage, content.

I wish them luck with their rebooting the whole thing, but doubt they have the writing talent and vision to pull it off.  Much like the MCU and SW, they need to stop cold turkey, and give several years before starting anew; at this point, aside the occasional surprise hit, the whole enterprise is one of diminishing returns at best, embarrassing to devastating losses at worse.

Yeah visually it looks pretty, but this is the last film in a dead universe, same reason I didn't pay to see Blue Beetle in theaters despite it apparently being pretty fun. What's the point? Gunn will announce a new Aquaman eventually anyway, and this will get dumped on MAX at some point. 

3 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Yeah visually it looks pretty, but this is the last film in a dead universe, same reason I didn't pay to see Blue Beetle in theaters despite it apparently being pretty fun. What's the point? Gunn will announce a new Aquaman eventually anyway, and this will get dumped on MAX at some point. 

I’m getting confused on how much of a reboot it really will be. From my understanding the plan was to keep Blue Beetle and they were flip flopping on Wonder Woman and Aquaman, while for sure dumping Superman and Batman and I didn’t pay enough attention about the other characters to know where they stand. I have a feeling they may end up dumping more characters when the big reboot or whatever does happen due to poor box office ticket sales 

1 hour ago, Big s said:

I’m getting confused on how much of a reboot it really will be. From my understanding the plan was to keep Blue Beetle and they were flip flopping on Wonder Woman and Aquaman, while for sure dumping Superman and Batman and I didn’t pay enough attention about the other characters to know where they stand. I have a feeling they may end up dumping more characters when the big reboot or whatever does happen due to poor box office ticket sales 

That's the big problem a lot of people have with this new reboot universe, there's still very few details on what will and won't make the "cut" into the new Gunnverse. I also read BB might be safe, but apparently Gadot misspoke and she isn't involved with Wonder Woman anymore, but I also read Momoa might be safe as Aquaman, which, I guess? Why keep only him from the Snyderverse? Why BB even though, as far as I've read, not one other character from the Snyderverse or other DCEU movies makes an appearance. Apparently Peacemaker is safe, which is great because that was a ton of fun, and kind of Gunn's follow-up to The Suicide Squad. We'll see, who knows, it's all up in the air. 

• 1 month later...