Updated Forums to latest

Shawn

Not a problem per se...

I use the MWDefaultWhiteBlue theme (the black one... let's just say that I'm extremely thankful that there is a white option! ;))

The latest version feels... 'squished'.  It's almost like the cellpadding has been set to 0.  This is at the very top  (upper left home > MW News and Updates, etc., to the 'Reply To This Topic' button), and the very bottom (lower left Twitter, Fakebook, etc. buttons to the 'Mark Site Read' link in the lower right corner).

Individual posts (and member descriptions to the left of posts) are OK as-is (they seem unaffected by the loss of padding elsewhere).

Thanks for looking into this!

The White/blue themes are throwing errors in the admin form, the templates are not compat with the latest board software

Please change to the Default_IPB. I'll migrate the white/blue members to the default theme soon.

Aside from thebackground color, it is 90% the white/blue theme...i'll see how i can tweak it to match the old.

Apologies, I should have said "I usually use the Default_IDB, but am trying the MWDefaultWhiteBlue" last night (posting after working at a side job on top of a regular day at the full time job is not a good combination).

I've reverted to Default_IDB, and it's all back to normal.  Thank you for going to all the extra effort on our behalf.

I’m just happy that the Default theme was kept. I like how clean and minimalistic for my ‘age’. ^_^ 

Also, I appreciate the admins for disabling the upvote/downvote feature. It was abused and used irresponsibly by some people.

Thanks Shawn for keeping the site alive. :drinks:

Hello, I noticed that the topic of the next unread thread isn't showing up any longer when you are finished reading one thread. Is this a wanted behavior or a bug?

Other than that I'm very thankful for the existing of MWF. I don't do any social media stuff so I love to have a place to read up and discuss the latest geekery. 

Thank you so much :)

[edit:] Here is an example:

image.png.1d9019dcfb964d5ed24e6b7145c5e5ee.png

This applies to the desktop and mobile version and in both color schemes.

Edited by Scyla

Howdy. I’m having troubles uploading images into my album. Is this me, or is something amiss? I’ve tried the mobile version and desktop,as well..

Im getting error code:  -200

Edited by Bolt

21 minutes ago, CF18 said:

Site front page is broken?  The articles are not loading content.

Same thing. I just checked on my end. It's blank too. Just MW Blue background.

Not sure if this going to help but I'm using: Safari v12.0.2 on MacOS v10.13.6.

Hmm ok thanks amigo. I’m not sure what the problem is. I’ve tried on my iPhone and my Mac. Both were updated a few months ago..

I see now, it looks as if this site no longer accepts .img. Pics..

Edited by Bolt

I'm having a different issue with quotes.  When I highlight a portion of a post I want to quote I'm just getting a little empty gray box under it and not the usual "quote this" options.  This is on both Chrome and Edge on my Windows 10 desktop and Chrome on my Android (Pie) phone.

Hello, I noticed that the topic of the next unread thread isn't showing up any longer when you are finished reading one thread. Is this a wanted behavior or a bug?

Other than that I'm very thankful for the existing of MWF. I don't do any social media stuff so I love to have a place to read up and discuss the latest geekery. 

Thank you so much :)

[edit:] Here is an example:

image.png.1d9019dcfb964d5ed24e6b7145c5e5ee.png

This applies to the desktop and mobile version and in both color schemes.

This! It was better when the name of the thread showed up because now we have no idea what page topic we are going to when we click that link (especially on a phone).

Also, not sure if mentioned but the "like" feature is back and it's good there is no "downvote" but still better if it wasn't anonymous.

2nd  Sanity's  post. The  view latest reply seems to be missing some info (blank except member's pic).  At the bottom.394999749_Screenshot2019-03-09at11_33_25.jpg.97125d017e76deafe5f178159a78a4cb.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

Gonna second the bug report of Quote blocks no longer showing the original post's author.

Also seems to affect reply popups at the bottom of screen, just showed the user's avatar and no text.

I'm having a different issue with quotes.  When I highlight a portion of a post I want to quote I'm just getting a little empty gray box under it and not the usual "quote this" options.  This is on both Chrome and Edge on my Windows 10 desktop and Chrome on my Android (Pie) phone.

I've noticed these issues as well yesterday. I thought it was my browser but I guess not.

Also I guess this "Community Reputation" thing is new. I don't think I saw it before. I guess that it works from just posts?

Also I guess this "Community Reputation" thing is new. I don't think I saw it before. I guess that it works from just posts?

That's actually been around for a while. Shawn turned most of it off because there were some accusations of downvote spamming.  Now it's purely a "like" option on posts instead of an upvote/downvote system. (That heart in the lower right.)

That's actually been around for a while. Shawn turned most of it off because there were some accusations of downvote spamming.  Now it's purely a "like" option on posts instead of an upvote/downvote system. (That heart in the lower right.)

Oh I don't think I noticed that. What's the point of the downvote / like? This isn't youtube or Facebook. At least not that I know. Maybe I should read the forum rules. I hope they aren't attempting to sell member likes / profiles or anything.

Oh I don't think I noticed that. What's the point of the downvote / like? This isn't youtube or Facebook. At least not that I know. Maybe I should read the forum rules. I hope they aren't attempting to sell member likes / profiles or anything.

That system has been in a bunch of forum software packages for ages... works more or less like a karma system.  You like/upvote posts you thought were good contributions to the discussion/community, and downvote disruptive ones, etc.  The karma scores weren't visible without looking at a person's profile or the forum statistics until the most recent update put it above your post count on the boards proper until the most recent update.

It was felt that the downvote function in particular was being abused, so they turned off everything except the neutral-ish "Like" option.

A number of forum dialog promps are also broken and displaying no text, such as the confirmation request when you cancel editing a post.

This also happened when marking forum as read. Had to click each button since I didn't know which one said Yes/OK lol

Seconded. 

Using the brackets around spoiler and /spoiler still works but it took me a while to remember how to do that.  So the code obviously still works, the button to do it in the editor is just missing now.