Armored Gull

RavenHawk

Is anyone familiar with "Armored Gull"? I believe it is a manga (well, Chinese, not Japanese, I think), and possibly there is an OVA in the works, but I really can't find any information on it out there.

I came across some images from it while looking for other things, and started searching for what they were from... and that's about it.

Lots of gorgeous (in my opinion) artwork out there, some people mentioning having read the books, but nothing else that I can find.

I did come across the Twitter of someone who says they are the artist, with some nice artwork and some cool computer animations too:

Never heard of 'Armored Gull', but that bike looks cool. Transformation is reminiscent of the Garland, but differs enough in both modes to be its own thing.

Hopefully the manga, and potential OVA, will become popular enough to get some toy treatment. I also like transforming bikes, so this would be nice.

2 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

Never heard of 'Armored Gull', but that bike looks cool. Transformation is reminiscent of the Garland, but differs enough in both modes to be its own thing.

Hopefully the manga, and potential OVA, will become popular enough to get some toy treatment. I also like transforming bikes, so this would be nice.

I hope so too. Scrolling through his Twitter, it looks like he's done a fair amount of pretty cool looking transforming designs.

I'm just surprised. It seems like there are 40+ chapters of this manga/comic released... but I can't find them anywhere, except for a couple download sites with broken links. Can't find any official site, let alone print copies.

Just looked at the artist's Twitter- some of those transforming designs are brilliant. Love the red triple-changer that goes from bot to plane to car. I saw the wheels, so when it went to a plane first, I was totally surprised. Awesome.

This guy's pretty much a Chinese version of Kawamori. Hopefully, he'll find a career in animation, and we'll get to see these things in action. And toys- there must be toys....

Found a teaser trailer for the anime here, along with a more intelligible synopsis:

https://www.yualexius.com/2018/10/chinese-manga-armored-gull-revealed-anime-trailer.html

Armored Gull is a chinese webcomic by LAS that covers a wide section of the mecha genre, from mechanical limbs, killer androids, the titular power armor Armored Gull, transforming vehicle robots, wanzer mechs and exoskeletons to put your exoskeltons in all fighting alongside or against each other in the seafaring corporate owned mega fleet of Sigma City. Falsely accused of corporate espionage and treason to the state Gwen Pullan a gifted roboticist is rescued/kidnapped by an anti-corporate terrorist group. Caught up in the bloody slum wars between the group and andorid augmented police, Gwen is given an opportunity to fight back by a mysterious third faction in the form of the Exoskeleton Frame Armored Gull.