DC Universe Streaming Series

no3Ljm

TITANS

TITANS follows young heroes from across the DC Universe as they come of age and find belonging in a gritty take on the classic Teen Titans franchise. Dick Grayson and Rachel Roth, a special young girl possessed by a strange darkness, get embroiled in a conspiracy that could bring Hell on Earth. Joining them along the way are the hot-headed Starfire and loveable Beast Boy. Together they become a surrogate family and team of heroes.

Cast:
Brenton Thwaites
Anna Diop
Teagan Croft
Ryan Potter
Alan Ritchson
Minka Kelly

Edited by no3Ljm

DOOM PATROL

DOOM PATROL reimagines one of DC’s most beloved groups of Super Heroes: Robotman aka Cliff Steele (BRENDAN FRASER), Negative Man aka Larry Trainor (MATT BOMER), Elasti-Woman aka Rita Farr (APRIL BOWLBY) and Crazy Jane (DIANE GUERRERO), led by modern-day mad scientist Niles Caulder aka The Chief (TIMOTHY DALTON). Each member of the Doom Patrol suffered a horrible accident that gave them superhuman abilities, but also left them scarred and disfigured. Traumatized and downtrodden, the team found their purpose through The Chief, coming together to investigate the weirdest phenomena in existence. Following the mysterious disappearance of The Chief these reluctant heroes will find themselves in a place they never expected to be, called to action by none other than Cyborg (JOIVAN WADE), who comes to them with a mission hard to refuse. Part support group, part Super Hero team, the Doom Patrol is a band of superpowered freaks who fight for a world that wants nothing to do with them. 

Cast:
Brendan Fraser
Joivan Wade
Timothy Dalton
April Bowlby
Diane Guerrero
Matt Bomer
Alan Tudyk
Matthew Zuk
Riley Shanahan

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I watched Titans season 1 and despite the weak makeup job for Kory and concern about how it was going to turn out, the show was actually pretty damn good. Anna Diop did a great job as Kory, while she isn't the innocent character portrayed in other instances, her ass kicking personality was really good. They also introduced Hawk and Dove, Wonder Girl, and teased Superboy at the end of season.

Doom Patrol is one of THE BEST TV shows this year. It's a take on the Grant Morrison run of the comic book, and it's often hilarious, bloody, insightful, and quirky, bringing in several of the characters from the Morrison run, including Danny the Street. The entire cast is great.

I'm looking forward to Swamp Thing.

However, between these shows and the existing content on the service, I don't find these enough to sign up for the DC Universe service, but Titans is on Netflix UK and I expect the others to end up on it too.

1 hour ago, JakCrow said:

However, between these shows and the existing content on the service, I don't find these enough to sign up for the DC Universe service, but Titans is on Netflix UK and I expect the others to end up on it too.

That's too bad. I really want to sign up but knowing that their current show in the CW is not available so I'm still thinking about it.

18 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

That's too bad. I really want to sign up but knowing that their current show in the CW is not available so I'm still thinking about it.

You can install the service and browse what they have available. I'm not impressed with the line up for the monthly fee they want. I pay less for other services that deliver way more.

• 4 weeks later...

Creative differences can be solved by removing people and time. But if North Carolina failed to deliver their tax breaks which sounds like was half the production costs then I think that would piss me off more than anything else. The fact that they cut production early seems to point to the latter; cut your loses in sunk costs and leave. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

For those who doesn't have DC Universe streaming yet or still having second thoughts on subscribing one (like me :rolleyes: ), the DC TITANS Season 1 is also now streaming over Netflix.

Not in the U.S.

On 6/6/2019 at 12:11 PM, azrael said:

Creative differences can be solved by removing people and time. But if North Carolina failed to deliver their tax breaks which sounds like was half the production costs then I think that would piss me off more than anything else. The fact that they cut production early seems to point to the latter; cut your loses in sunk costs and leave. 

The tax story was completely exaggerated. WB was going to get $12 to 17 million, not $40 mil. The current story is at&t got involved and didn't like the direction of the show, and also the future of the streaming service is up in the air since they're planning on a full WB service.

I am still on the fence regarding this service.  Honestly one of the big draws for me is the animated library.  Does include all the 90s to early 2000s:  Batman TAS, Superman, Justice League, and JLU seasons?  Also does it have all the current DCAU movies?

52 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

I am still on the fence regarding this service.  Honestly one of the big draws for me is the animated library.  Does include all the 90s to early 2000s:  Batman TAS, Superman, Justice League, and JLU seasons?  Also does it have all the current DCAU movies?

You can actually browse their site and see what’s in their list.

https://www.dcuniverse.com/collections/video-animated-series

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...