DX VF-31JA

Firefox

looks like an overspray. Maybe planning to do a complete recolor?

if only there are cheap variants of the delta, then that would be perfect to experiment it with. (at least for me)

Perhaps a VF-31J with a 31A paint scheme, that would be cool. 

I think I have used wiping alcohol to completely remove the painting on the canopy, then I had to paint the frame back in dark grey on my Vf-31J

EC65904B-B2A8-4E2C-ACA3-8E12D2459343.jpeg

@Xigfrid Thanks for the advice, is the paint from inside or outside? Did you find the alcohol has any adverse effect on the clear plastic? I know Bandai plastic does not react well with turpentine.

To gently remove paint, I generally use in this order 1) wipe spirit, 2) house cleaning alcohol (very diluted alcohol), 3) my deodorant BRUT classic (haha!) if the domestic alcohol is not enough "hot".

All 3 are pretty safe for all kind of plastics.

> Acetone will melt most plastics, and will probably "fog" the clear plastic, so keep away from acetone, and only in last resort for other plastics

Ever wonder how far you can disassemble a VF-31? Here is as far as I can go. Basically, not much. If look carefully at the picture, there are three screws that can be unscrewed in the main body. Two of them did nothing after being loosened. The one on the white part is supposed to allow you to take out the hip/legs assembly, but I suspect there's another screw on the other side but being covered by another plate. That plate is glued tight. Even the shoulder part has glue. One shoulder is easier to remove than the other because it has less glue.

IMG-20190313-225454.jpg

Edited by Firefox

Hmmn.  I've had many bad experiences with rubbing alcohol and clear plastic.  Even just the fumes/vapors, have damaged parts that were sitting nearby.  I hate the -31's dark-tint canopies, but fear trying to strip it off, would probably hurt more than help.  (-29 canopies are fine though, to strip with rubbing alcohol, my Ozma -29 looks so much better)  

• 1 month later...

Sorry mate. The paint scheme I decided doesn't work well. Due to parts that cannot be disassembled and hard to reach and the fact I can only use can spray, I need to find a new scheme that at least involve white. Reworking it.

Edited by Firefox