The best SDF-1 Transformable figure (Not model kit)

spacemanspiff

50 minutes ago, spacemanspiff said:

How did you get that in so well? I had to cut mine in sections.

Like I said, it was a bitch!

But basically, it took patience and finagling with a soft ruler and some other “tools” I made. I think a regular pencil with an eraser would work well but I didn’t have one so I used a thick rubber band wrapped over an Allen wrench to push the cutout into place. I started with the small part on the left side and pushed it all the way in. There is space behind the molded buildings that you can tuck the cutout behind. Hardest part is at the right side where you have to fold the paper and tuck it behind the buildings in the corner. Tucking in that side usually pulled the left side towards the right so that’s when I used the rubber band tool to push it back into place. Once you get it in the right place, it fits perfectly. Excellent design by @wm cheng Thank you so much! I still don’t know what the other images are for though...The ones between the ruler to print the correct size. Did you figure out where those go?

7 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Like I said, it was a bitch!

But basically, it took patience and finagling with a soft ruler and some other “tools” I made. I think a regular pencil with an eraser would work well but I didn’t have one so I used a thick rubber band wrapped over an Allen wrench to push the cutout into place. I started with the small part on the left side and pushed it all the way in. There is space behind the molded buildings that you can tuck the cutout behind. Hardest part is at the right side where you have to fold the paper and tuck it behind the buildings in the corner. Tucking in that side usually pulled the left side towards the right so that’s when I used the rubber band tool to push it back into place. Once you get it in the right place, it fits perfectly. Excellent design by @wm cheng Thank you so much! I still don’t know what the other images are for though...The ones between the ruler to print the correct size. Did you figure out where those go?

Thanks for the tips.  I'm not sure where the other images go.  I thought they were options instead of the city, but I didn't look that close.

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

That looks great @Slave IV.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, spacemanspiff said:

Thanks for the tips.  I'm not sure where the other images go.  I thought they were options instead of the city, but I didn't look that close.

No problem! As for the other images, I can’t tell what they are even supposed to be. Perhaps ceiling covers?

17 hours ago, Slave IV said:

OK, much better now

151597821_MacrossCityrev.jpg.f82207e7cd2eaccfab241adba8b422d7.jpg

That looks nice, @Slave IV! :good:

I'll probably do the same. But I have to muted down the colors on the buildings first on that image so I don't need to paint the small buildings upfront. It will blend beautifully. :rolleyes:

38 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

That looks nice, @Slave IV! :good:

I'll probably do the same. But I have to muted down the colors on the buildings first on that image so I don't need to paint the small buildings upfront. It will blend beautifully. :rolleyes:

Thanks! That's a great idea! I think I'm fine with mine as is but will see how yours turns out before I decide to deal with it again.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 7/9/2020 at 9:07 PM, spacemanspiff said:

So, I'm thinking of selling my ARCADIA 1/3000 MACROSS PERFECT TRANSFORMATION SDF-1 - PREMIUM EDITION (as shown in this thread).  Is anyone interested?

Hey there! I know this post is almost 3 years old at this point but figured I'd ask..... do you still have this for sale? :D

Edited by MisaForever