Nice teaser, really.  Hopefully she learns to use her water bending powers like Aang did.

I still wish it was somehow teased that she has a descendent far off in the future that attends Xavier's School for the Gifted.

^They cross the ocean to enlist the aid of the kingdom of Corona, where Rapunzel is all too willing to help out.

Anyway, this has way more of an adventure movie vibe to it than the original. I dunno how I feel about that, but more pressing on my mind is did you notice that her dress just sort of... blends into her collarbone/shoulders? Her dresses from the original weren't like that, were they? Like a second skin, almost? It illustrates her comfort with her powers (if that is indeed how she forms out), but it also makes her seem a bit more... alien. And that is way more analyzing than I care to do for a movie I'll probably never see, but it was a neat trailer, I guess.

6 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Let it gooo, let it gooooooo :lol:

giphy.gif

Aside from how unbelievably hot Elsa is at the climax of that song, the movie doesn't do anything for me. It and Tangled both, they seemed to be missing something that the Classic Disney films had. They take the poking fun at themselves thing a bit too far. Same thing with Moana.

Or maybe I've just gotten too old for Disney movies now, I dunno. I've gotten more of the Disney Feels from their less popular stuff like Big Hero 6 and Wreck-It Ralph, and before that it's a long way back to Lilo and Stitch.

Is this the first Disney animated sequel to be released theatrically? I suppose Wreck-It Ralph 2 came first, but I don't consider that so much a Disney Animated Film as an animated film made by Disney... if that makes sense.

• 3 months later...

It's already started happening...  Now that Disney owns Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Fox, every film is starting to look like every other film.  :unknw:

Frozen II looks to be the most generic animated film ever produced.   

On 2/16/2019 at 5:41 AM, kajnrig said:

It and Tangled both, they seemed to be missing something that the Classic Disney films had. They take the poking fun at themselves thing a bit too far.

The meta-humor aspect has been a prominent element in Disney films since they cast Robin Williams in Aladdin... and the success of Shrek ensured that every Hollywood animated feature now requires some level of self-referential humor.

And a dance-party at the end.  <_<

Is this the first Disney animated sequel to be released theatrically?

Certainly not... not even the first with a "2" in the title.  :p

Winnie the Pooh alone has had five theatrical features released since 1977.

I suppose Wreck-It Ralph 2 came first, but I don't consider that so much a Disney Animated Film as an animated film made by Disney... if that makes sense.

That's probably because it's neither a musical nor a fairy tale.  ;)

Just now, Thom said:

It is entirely possible that it's magically creating, like her dress during the Let It Go song. Meaning the dress really can fade out.:D

I figured that, too, but it's still just... too fluid. Her ice dress in the first movie was still just a dress. Like, I'm imagining how she would take this thing off, and it seems like it would be... painful. At the very least, it'd be like ripping a bandaid off your entire collarbone and shoulders.

But bleh. It's a super minor nitpick. :lol: As to the rest of the trailer... yeah, looks fine, I guess. The niece saw it and was excited for more Elsa.

38 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I figured that, too, but it's still just... too fluid. Her ice dress in the first movie was still just a dress. Like, I'm imagining how she would take this thing off, and it seems like it would be... painful. At the very least, it'd be like ripping a bandaid off your entire collarbone and shoulders.

But bleh. It's a super minor nitpick. :lol: As to the rest of the trailer... yeah, looks fine, I guess. The niece saw it and was excited for more Elsa.

I imagine it would just melt off! ^_^

I'm not fantasizing about that. Shut up!:ph34r:

Edited by Thom