Sign in to follow this  
Firefox

Yamato 1/48 Vf-1 Pilot and DX VF-31 pilot

Anyone know where I can get those? I search Shapeway, but can't find any.

Thanks. But basically just need the same or similar pilot like the original for my projects

3 hours ago, Firefox said:

Thanks. But basically just need the same or similar pilot like the original for my projects

You’re welcome. I guess it’s best to post this in the Wanted Section for more exposure.

Good luck.

I did try to put a 1:48 pilot in the DX VF-1J but the legs and hands were not well oriented. After reading your post, I decided to slightly change my 1:48 pilots and have these printed. I don't know if they will fit the VF-1J, I will let you know.

Also I made the 1:60 version for the VF-31, but I have near 0 hope they will fit as is. Probably they can fit if I reduce them down to 1:72 scale though

dx_p.jpg

Edited by Xigfrid

If the printed material is plastic and allow some sanding and cutting, then I can managed it. The DX VF-31 is loosely 1/60 scale, but I think it is slightly smaller than actual 1/60, hence Bandai hasn't put the scale on the box.

The VF-31 themself are 1:60 but because they needed a lot of space for their mechanisms, they have put a straight leg pilot in here, and he is rather small scale compared to a properly scaled pilot. 

Wow, nice. Any females in there?

@Xigfrid is the printing material as strong as the Tamiya plastic sheet? Or is it more fragile than that? 

Also any chance you can make a set of DX VD-31A wings?

Concerning the pilots, there are male above and femal below... I know this is not that obvious :) As print material, I prefer to use resin UV cured printer to obtain fully detailed surfaces and smooth finish. But I have also used  basic SLS plastic or HP plastic and both were giving good results once painted.

I don't know Tamiya plastic sheet, but for the size of a 1:48 pilot hand and fingers they are all fragile and you better avoid these to fall on the floor. 

No, I am not doing DX VF-31A wings soon, why should it be needed ?

Are the pilots available on Shapeway?

As for the wings, I'm doing some mod on my 31J. If you make those, than I can shortcut my way. Otherwise it'd be the good old priming and sanding